Reload this Page >

Where to eat in New Orleans?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23rd, 2001, 08:55 AM
Cindy

A party of 5 adults are planning a trip in late June to New Orleans. Any suggestions on some great restaurants? I already made reservations at Commander's Place. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Old Mar 23rd, 2001, 10:17 AM
Thomas

Brennan's for breakfast, Christian's for dinner.

You're welcome.

Old Mar 23rd, 2001, 10:22 AM
susan

Not Brennan's!!! Especially for the famous "Breakfast at Brennan's" which is altogether a tourist trap. I've heard their dinner has improved in recent years but you can still do much better. If you'll do a back search you'll find more recommendations than you have time for, but you should at least consider Bayona and Mr. B's.

Old Mar 23rd, 2001, 12:37 PM
herself

My favorite was Gautreau's in the Garden District. The soups and the chicken was the best ever. I know, chicken sounds just too plain. But trust me.

Old Mar 23rd, 2001, 12:39 PM
Eileen

Court of Two Sisters for Sunday brunch. You won't have to eat for another 8 hours.

Old Mar 23rd, 2001, 01:13 PM
John

Court of Two Sisters is considered by locals to be a major tourist trap.

Commander's Palace is a good choice.

Old Mar 23rd, 2001, 01:24 PM
texasgirl

Cuvee, in the CBD. maybe the best meal i've had in NO

Old Mar 23rd, 2001, 02:58 PM
xxxxxxxxxx

As a native, I would skip Brennan's and Court of two sisters. All above recommendations are good choices. A great favorite with everyone in NO is Galatoire's. Peristyle is considered the best in the city, running stiff competition with Bayona. Brigsten's is fabulous. Are you interested in the neighborhood,casual places?

Old Mar 24th, 2001, 08:57 AM
louise

I had the one of the best meals of my life at NOLA's. Also went to Commander's palace and thaught the food was good but I was not too impressed.

Old Mar 24th, 2001, 05:37 PM
Tammy

The Court of Two Sisters might be considered a tourist trap, but I guess I fell into the trap. I had Sunday brunch there a few years ago, the food and atmosphere were great. Our waiter was a lot of fun and showed us the proper way to peel, eat, and suck the heads of crawfish