Reload this Page >

Where should I go ???

Search

Where should I go ???

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 05:25 AM
Lil

Where should I go ???

I have two weeks vacation scheduled. Last week in August/first week in Sept. I am looking for a destination or two, will travel international. Have considered Peru ruins. Would enjoy one week sightseeing/moderate adventure, one week sun and water activities. Money no object.

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 05:28 AM
xxx

Congratulations, Lil, you not only win the Vague Header of the Day award but you are a leading contender for Vague Message of the Year!

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 05:39 AM
x

Gary Indiana will be like no other vacation destination you've experienced!

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 05:49 AM
bb

forget Peru ruins....GO to Gatlinburg!!!

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 06:37 AM
gc

Venice Italy, before it sinks.

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 06:39 AM
xyz

Lil, maybe you can help me out. I'm looking to move. Someplace with nice weather, top amenities and low prices. Can you help me?

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 07:00 AM
xxx

Maybe you'd like us to book the tickets for you and pick you up at the door. Anything else you require?

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 08:50 AM

I can tell from these responses, you really do not have any creative ideas. I was hoping some of the more intellectual clientele would respond.

Venice sounds lovely.

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 09:11 AM
Gina

Lil-
SAND DOLLAR Villa on St. Thomas!

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 09:20 AM
Suzy

Lil, you really need to give us more to work with before you say that people are not creative. Where do you live? How old are you? Are you traveling with kids? What do you like to do while on vacation? For two weeks and you are willing to spend any amount of money - there are alot of options.

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 09:22 AM
lisa

A place I'd love to go to (but money IS an object for me) is to Bora Bora. I'd love to stay in one of those over the water bungalos.

Also have read about a "Tree House" type of vacation, I believe in the rain forest of Brazil. Sounds unforgettable.

Other places - I'd love to see Machu Pichu too. Perhaps you could do MP and then the coast of central America?

Would like to hear what you decide. Have fun!

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 09:28 AM
xyz

Hey Lil--nice reply: "I was hoping some of the more intellectual clientele would respond."

That's a hoot seeing as how idiotic your own post was. If you were an "intellectual," perhaps you would have posted a more creative or intellectual question in the first place, instead of a vague and amorphous post that basically says, hey, I've got two weeks off, money to burn, might enjoy Peru, I'm too lazy to do any planning, so all you Fodorites can now go to work for me researching where I should go and reading my mind to figue out what I like. Oh, and just for the record, genius, you posted on the US board, and want feedback on international/Peru travel. Yes sir--you are definitely the clever one.

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 09:35 AM
Satan

Hell...I hear the ice water is great!

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 09:35 AM
TravelAgent

Far, far away.

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 10:18 AM
tj

Come to NY State

NYC will give you plenty of adventure, sightseeing and international flavor of food and languages

Stay for a week in the city, then, for your week of water go out on Long Island if you want salt water, or the Adironacks/Lake George area if you like it fresh.

You need look no further.

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 10:22 AM
go now

Why don't you go to Hell, Michigan?

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 01:54 PM
Lil

Thanks to those with thoughtful suggestions. Great ideas.

You others...thanks for the laughs..and I hope you get a life one day.

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 02:14 PM
sue

To:123xyz.com, you are the biggest jerk!! Stay the hell off this site if you have to be so nasty! get a refill for your prozak, and then have a good vacation! ( in the depths of despair!! )