Search

where in Cape Code

Search this Thread

Old May 21st, 2001, 11:36 AM
Carolyn

where in Cape Code

Would anyone have any recommendations as to which city to visit in Cape Cod and where to stay. We are travelling with a 6yr old and an infant.

Thx

Old May 21st, 2001, 12:54 PM
deniseconlin

WAS ONLY AT CAPE COD ONCE - STAYED IN FALMOUTH - VERY PRETTY AREA- CLOSE TO ALOT AND CLOSE TO THE FERRY TO GO TO MARTHA'S VINEYARD. STAYED AT B&B CALLED "THE PALMER HOUSE" - VERY CLEAN, PRETTY AND FANTASTIC BREAKFASTS!

Old May 21st, 2001, 05:02 PM
Beth

I'd recommend Chatham. Wequassett Inn or Bradford Inn, depending on price preference. Chatham has a great playground when your 6 year old needs to burn off energy, and great restaurants, shopping, and beaches.

Old May 21st, 2001, 07:23 PM
nancy

chatham is lovely. we've been there several times and stayed at the Wequasett Inn. pricey but so pretty and low key. we love it there. small beach and a pool. no real organized kid activities (at least not when we were there a few years ago) but still great. the chatham bars hotel is bigger, has a bigger beach and may have organized kid stuff. we do prefer the wequassett though.

Old May 21st, 2001, 07:25 PM
Cathy

My vote is for Chatham or Brewster. The Cape Cod League summer baseball games are a lot of fun if your 6 year old is into baseball and the field in Chatham is next to a huge playground - very fun. Also, downtown has great shops including little toys shops and candy shops. The Seal cruises from Chatham are great fun. Children also enjoy driving to the Chatham Lighthouse at sunset. Every Friday night in the summer there is a concert in town at the bandstand- very festive. Brewster has a nice Childrens Natural History Museum and of course the bike trails in this area are fun. a drive out to the National Seashore is also very nice.
I agree with the first poster that Falmouth is also a nice area for families and convenient to the ferry to the Islands. While you are visiting you can drive and check out other areas that you may like for future visits- we always seem to find something new and exciting while we are there! Where to stay is a hard question- simple motel, nicer Inn, big resort? I would be glad to give some suggestions what are your guidelines? Ocean Edge in Brewster is a big resort and offers a lot, Chatham Bars Inn in Chatham is wonderful (and good for families) but very expensive. The Dolphin in Chatham is supposed to be great for kids and has a pool and also within walking distance of town. Have fun.

Old May 21st, 2001, 07:40 PM
Hawkeye

Hey Radar, is that you?
Did you meet up with Charles on the Cape of Cod? Or was it Cape Code?