Reload this Page >

Where are you going for happy hour?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 17th, 2002, 12:01 PM
Jim

Well it's been a long week working the Fodor's message boards. Now it's Miller time (except Miller is awful). I'm open to suggestions for a happy hour location. For me, it will probably be the Brothers on 7th Ave South, NYC.

Old May 17th, 2002, 12:05 PM
Lenore

Bru's Room in Margate FL. A few Mich Lights and an Apple Pucker will suit me just fine. See you around 6pm!

Old May 17th, 2002, 12:06 PM
x

JR's in Dallas. Two for one!

Old May 17th, 2002, 12:10 PM
al

Jim, I kid you not. If you're in midtown try Joe Franklin's on 45th and 8th. They have a totally legit 2-for-1 on tap beer, including Bass Ale. Excellent mussels also. They get a bit of a pre-theatre crowd in there but they split early, and Joe himself comes in around 6:30 or 7 which is exciting is you like 80 year old talk show hosts. It's so unhip it's hip.

Old May 17th, 2002, 12:21 PM
Jim

Al,
I can't try it today, but maybe next week. It must be right near McHale's.

Old May 17th, 2002, 12:24 PM
AlAnon

Hard to decide. It'll either be a Scotch in front of the fire on the front porch (it's still in the 40s here), watching the Baltimore Orioles make pigs of themselves over the orange on the feeder, or a Scotch in front of the TV savoring Mark Shields dissection of the latest DC dithering. Is it almost six o clock yet????

Old May 17th, 2002, 12:24 PM
Ted

Anywhere (and everywhere) outdoors, Upper East Side, Manhattan. Ahhh. . . .

Old May 17th, 2002, 12:25 PM
xxx

Elephant&Castle, Chicago.

Old May 17th, 2002, 12:31 PM
alex

I love Elephant & Castle. Does standing in line for Star Wars count as happy hour or just make me a big dork? Please, please do not answer that - it was rhetorical!!!

Old May 17th, 2002, 12:36 PM
Friday!

Maybe sit outside at the Wine Vault in Charlotte and drink a few Newcastles. Here in NC, we can't have Happy Hour!!! State law requires drink specials be offered all day or not at all (aaaaarrrrgh!). Kinda sucky! In the other places I've lived it's always fun to say, "Hey, going to Happy Hour?" at the end of a work day/week. Party on.

Old May 17th, 2002, 12:40 PM
kal

Since I was in KC for a few days for business this week, I will go to the gym around 5ish to work off all of the steak, BBQ and beer I was forced to consume. The things I do for this company!

Pass the Blue Ice and maybe a Coors Lite... for cooling down purposes, of course.
Kal

Old May 17th, 2002, 12:44 PM
countrygal

OK, so maybe there's ONE thing I miss about the city. (see "country living" thread) My happy hour will consist of standing by the paddock with a beer in hand watching the new foals.

Old May 17th, 2002, 01:11 PM
nina

Why right here, in my family room where at the very moment I have 5 pre-teen boys gearing up for "SpongeBobs House Party". Big Fun. Is it 5:00 yet?

Oh thank god, I hope I have enough ice.

Old May 17th, 2002, 01:17 PM
CocoChanel

nina: honey,if you have 5 pre-teen boys in the house at one time, it's ALWAYS 5:00 - doesn't matter what the clock says. have one on me. skoal.

Old May 17th, 2002, 01:17 PM
Susan

Nina, my daughter and I will attempt next Friday to create a SpongeBob birthday cake for my son. Can't be too difficult, right? I mean, he is square. My niece has already made him a SpongeBob pinata! We are so creative here.

As for happy hour, it's still a little early on the left coast, but I'm thinking about the new Trader Vic's in Palo Alto. Tiki bars, anyone?

Old May 17th, 2002, 01:36 PM
xxx

Who or what is a SpongeBob?

Old May 17th, 2002, 01:40 PM
suzanne

Heading to PJ Carneys at 57th & 7th...girls' night out!

Old May 17th, 2002, 01:41 PM
lisa

I'll be having margaritas outside as I float in the pool.

The joys of desert living.

Old May 17th, 2002, 01:41 PM
Wanting

Country Gal,
I wish I was at your stable watching the baby foal(s). I would have a glass of Chardonay and enjoy the fragrant country smell, horse sweat and all!
But, I am here in the city w/ 3 kids and an exchange student form Germany, so I might have a beer at home.
Other wise the Ritz=Carlton here has a great happy hour, great sushi too.
I will soon be in Scottsdale for a visit, any ideas for a great bar?

Old May 17th, 2002, 01:55 PM
nina

SpongeBob is a wildly popular cartoon character "SpongeBob Squarepants" is the name of the show. In fact, I believe it has a very large adult following. He lives at the bottom of the ocean and eats crabby patties.

Does it sound like I need a drink? I thought so, I was on my way for one but ended up scavenging for Capri Suns and popcorn. Now that the house party is in full swing I will attempt a bombay and Tonic. If I sit out on the porch maybe they will think I've gone!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Your Privacy Choices -