What's hot in NYC?

Old Mar 8th, 1997, 01:42 PM
Steve

What's hot in NYC?

We're going to New York City next week and are looking for something different to do. We've seen all the shows we want. Any suggestions on new places to eat, see and go?

Old Mar 9th, 1997, 04:16 PM
A. Cherins

Old Mar 9th, 1997, 04:25 PM
A. Cherins

I have a few sugggestions for eating out. There are several new restaurants that are quite good. You might want to try Blue Water Grill, Patria or Aquagrill, which are all in the downtown area. I know you're not interested in a show, but if you haven't seen Blue Man Group, you must. It is completely outrageous! Enjoy your trip.

Old Mar 14th, 1997, 08:17 PM
Ellen Cujdik

Have you tried any of the themed restaurants? Jeykll and Hyde, Motown, Harley Davidson, Planet Hollywood. Walk through the huge Disney Stores, FAO Schwartz. Take a tour of Radio City, Lincoln Center, Madison Square Gardens. Spend a day at Ellis Island, South Street Seaport. Be a tourist, enjoy, enjoy, enjoy.

Old Mar 17th, 1997, 07:53 PM
Tina

We just returned from NYC. Spanish restaurant, Solera, was excellent. Also a local Mediterranean, Meltemia, on 1st Avenue. Had fun spending part of an afternoon at a tapas bar in the Village, Paella West. Bartender was very entertaining. Wandering around Soho (took Subway from Midtown hotel) was fun. The Village is getting rather rundown, but is still fun.

We always make it over to the Carnegie Deli on Broadway for a Woody Allen (pastrami and corned beef sandwich).