Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

What will the temperature be? What to wear?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21st, 2007, 09:23 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One of the most frequent questions I see asked on Fodor's, and other travel forums is something to the equivalent of: "What will the weather be like when I'm visiting your city... two months from now?" Unfortunately, I do not have a crystal ball to whip out for a quick answer. We do have the next best thing, my fellow travelers.

Go to www.intellicast.com

Enter the U.S. city that is your destination.

When that city's webpage appears, look down the left side, until you find: "Local Weather Reports." You will see the usual links as on most weather sites, "Radar," "Satellite," etc. But, on Intellicast, you will also see "HISTORICAL!"

Just put in the arrival date for your visit, and you will be shown the "historical average" highs & lows for that date. These will then give you a good "ball-park" idea of what to bring, what to wear. Of course, Mother Nature is a very fickle lady, so these historical temperatures will not be 100%.

Just remember to check your destination's weather predictions for 5-7 days in advance of your arrival, as they will be pretty accurate in the short term.
Old Sep 21st, 2007, 09:27 AM

Weather.com has monthly averages too. And so, I believe, any weather or news website.
Old Sep 21st, 2007, 10:21 AM
Original Poster

Many weather sites do indeed include "monthly" average highs and lows, but Intellicast is the only "easily accessible" weather site that I've found, that lets you look up specific days of the month.

Some other weather sources offer this service, but only within premium packages, or by more difficult means of receiving the information.

If anyone out there knows of other sources where one can "easily" find the temps of individual days of the month in past years, I'll be the first one to be very appreciative.

I recommended Intellicast.com, because it is "right there" on the city's webpage, so easy to see, and easy to use.
Old Sep 21st, 2007, 10:29 AM
dmlove

I agree - thanks for the link. I've often looked for this information and found it to be well-hidden!

Old Sep 21st, 2007, 11:04 AM

This is a good site - easy to navigate.

FYI - you can find similar historical weather information for most locations using the "Historical" link on:
www.wunderground.com
Old Sep 21st, 2007, 02:30 PM

http://www.weatherbase.com/

Worlwide
Old Sep 22nd, 2007, 07:55 AM

www.weatherunderground.com has historic weather data, too, including specific days.
Old Sep 22nd, 2007, 08:39 AM

This one is good for Hawaii, particularly Maui.

http://www.hawaiiweathertoday.com/