Reload this Page >

what to wear in New Orleans in Oct.

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16th, 2002, 01:26 AM
Wendy

I am planning a trip to NO Oct 21-26. What kind of clothes would be appropriate weather wise at that time? I know it's still pretty warm yet. Thanks.......Wendy

Old Aug 16th, 2002, 04:01 AM
Cindy

You're right, warm during the day and a little cool at night. Maybe long sleeves or a light jacket in the evenings if you chill easily.

Old Aug 17th, 2002, 08:19 PM
Patrick

The average high for October 21st is 78, the average low is 59. Usually a beautiful time of year. Of course, you should check the forecast before you go...www.wwl-tv.com is a good source for local forecast.

Old Aug 18th, 2002, 01:40 PM
CF

How about January?

Old Aug 19th, 2002, 05:20 AM
Ben

CF,
You never can tell about the weather in winter here. Summer is a given...hot. But the winter can be tricky. One year we went to PA around New Years for a funeral. When we left there (driving) it was 8 degrees. When we got home to La it was so warm that my mother had the front door open & shorts on. Another year we had such cold weather that my pond froze & the horses could walk on the ice. That was over the Christmas time too. So there is a wide range that could happen.

I agree wth the advice about checking the local news site for weather. WWL is usually pretty on target with their forecasts. They do a 7 day advance thing so that should give you time to pack. You could always go to their site & email the weather dept when it gets closer to your trip.They might be able to give you a better idea of what to expect.

Even if it's chilly you can enjoy yourself here & the good food should warm you up just fine!