Search

What to do in LA?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19th, 1998, 02:07 PM
Sarah

What to do in LA?

I have recently moved to the Los Angeles area, and already have family visiting. What are the top 5 places in the area that I should definately take them to? The youngest visitor is 15.

Old Jun 20th, 1998, 08:29 AM
terry

Here are a few ideas for you:

1.Call the tv networks and get tickets to see a taping of a show....The Price Is Right is a great one to go to...the tickets are free but you have to stand on line for quite a long time before entering the studio. But out-of-towners love it. While over there go to the Farmer's Market....ask anyone in that area they will tell you where it is.

2. The new Getty Museum

3. Go to Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills and window shop..you usually see someone "famous".

4.If they aren't from Florida, Universal Studios is usually a hit.

5. Venice Beach is a great people watching area.

6. Go to Hollywood Blvd. and walk the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

7. We have some beautiful parks with great hiking and bike trails....call the park service to see which ones are close to you. Most people only think of LA as a commercial city and it is really beautiful. Malibu Creek Park in Calabasas is a wonderful park...many movies have been taped there and if you hike on the trails you will see some of the props from the set from M>A>S>H>

Hope this helps.

Old Jun 22nd, 1998, 09:20 AM
Diana

When I was there, my family enjoyed visiting
the NBC studio. Other studios in the area
would probably be of interest to you also!

Old Jun 22nd, 1998, 03:57 PM
kam

The new Getty is sold out until the fall---reservations required. Venice Beach is great fun. A very touristy thing to do is drive up to Gladstone's 4 FISH at PCH and Big Rock, think, in Malibu. It's right at the ocean and the food's not half bad. Santa Monica Pier is nice. Lots and lots to do in LA, the only thing I would not recommend is Magic Mountain amusement park in Valencia--they've had gang problems recently.

Old Jun 23rd, 1998, 03:01 PM
Terry

Another idea is to get the schedule for the performances at the Hollywood Bowl...it is a lot of fun. You can eat on site or bring food in...you used to be able to bring in a bottle of wine..better ask. If you can't get tickets...go during the day ..it is free and you can listen to the LA Philharmonic practice.

Old Jun 23rd, 1998, 03:01 PM
Terry

Another idea is to get the schedule for the performances at the Hollywood Bowl...it is a lot of fun. You can eat on site or bring food in...you used to be able to bring in a bottle of wine..better ask. If you can't get tickets...go during the day ..it is free and you can listen to the LA Philharmonic practice.