Reload this Page >

What to do in Austin, TX on Labor Day Weekend

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21st, 2002, 01:47 PM
Quecho

I will go on Labor Day Weekend to Austin for 4 days starting on Friday. I would like to have a really good time and I am wondering what we can do in Austin to have a good experience.

Thanks for your help!

Old Aug 21st, 2002, 01:48 PM
xxx

Hippie Hollow!

Old Aug 21st, 2002, 07:22 PM
Statia

I agree with "xxx." Hippie Hollow...also Pace Bend Park, Hamilton Pool, and of course, 6th Street.

Have fun!

Old Aug 21st, 2002, 07:27 PM
cece

Review Austin websites and find out what performers will be there that weekend. It is easy to get tickets for performances.

Enjoy the music!

Also, eat at Threadgills!

Old Aug 21st, 2002, 08:45 PM
Birthday suit

It will likely be so darn hot that Hippie Hollow Park is the best option. For those not in the know, this is a clothing optional park where you may take it all off and enjoy the the blue waters of Lake Travis. So let it all hang out and cool off the old-fashioned way.

Old Aug 22nd, 2002, 11:01 AM
lisa

Try www.auschron.com for music and www.austin360.com things to do. What are your interests? Music? Food?

The auschron.com site changes on Fridays. If you check very late Thrs. nite before you leave, the changes might be there. Otherwise, check early Fri. morning before you leave and see what's happening. austin360.com is a site that changes daily, and you'll be able to check what is happening on labor day weekend on Thrs.

Old Aug 25th, 2002, 07:45 AM
austin

You didn't mention age or interests. Lake Travis is really a "must" for at least one day (though it will be truly packed and boating can be difficult with so many on the water). You could go to Barton Springs or Deep Eddy for a swim in town. Maybe eat at Curra's over on the south side of town. Shop on South Congress and have coffee and something for breakfast at the funky outdoor only "Joe's Coffee Shop"

Have after dinner coffee at Mozarts down on Lake Austin maybe and just hang for a couple of hours.

Take a hike around Town Lake before a swim at Deep Eddy.

Music of course - and there are always loads of options for that.

Old Aug 30th, 2002, 09:01 AM
austin

If you haven't left yet and happen to read this, this weekend at Lake travis/Hippie Hollow is "Splash" weekend. Thousands of gay people from around the area (and US) come to Austin and gather mainly at Hippie Hollow. It's supposedly a blast, but didn't want you to be surprised!

Old Aug 31st, 2002, 10:42 AM
wondering

is hippie hollow the same as pace bend park?

Old Aug 31st, 2002, 12:22 PM
dcp

IF you're ugly & over-weight, you'll love Hippie Hollow! Otherwise, go to Barton Springs. At Barton girls/guys will have clothes on but this is where the "hotties" will be hanging!!