What's the best airport to fly into?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30th, 2008, 10:58 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm still looking into how I'd be able to do this trip. Using points I'm very restricted and found out that Jet Blue doesn't fly into either Newark or Philly anymore. They do fly to NY and JFK and that's one option. But it seems to be too much of a hassle to come in late at night and have to get on a bus or two back to Mays Landing. Otherwise have to pay for a hotel for the night in NY and find my way out to Mays Landing the day after. But I would also have to do this all over when I leave NJ.
So I may have to just buy a new ticket instead of using points. So what is my best way of flying into Mays Landing??
Old Sep 30th, 2008, 11:03 AM

Why are you going there?

Philly would be best overall?
Old Sep 30th, 2008, 11:28 AM
Original Poster

I'm meeting up with a friend who has friends that we are staying with in Mays Landing. How far is Philly from Mays Landing? How about flying into Newark? How far is that from Mays Landing?
We will be visiting Ocean City, Atlantic City and Brigantine where we met many years ago.
I'm just trying to avoid having to fly into NY because it seems so out of the way.
Does anyone know the price to take the bus from NY into NJ?
Sorry about all the questions and thanks for all your help!!
Old Sep 30th, 2008, 11:38 AM

Have you checked distances on mapquest?
Old Sep 30th, 2008, 11:38 AM

Agree, Philadelphia is the closest "major" airport (about 50 miles from Mays Landing).

If you are "set in your ways" about flying Jet Blue I'm afraid you have already been given the "bad news" in the responses to your previous post. To cite the punch line from an old joke - "you can't get there from here".

The only other suggestion I have - Atlantic City has an airport but it is only serviced by Sprint Airline (at least the last time I checked). You haven't said, in this or your other post, where you are flying from but if Sprint Airlines services your home airport you might be able to fly to Atlantic City either "direct" or on a "connecting flight". I have no idea of how many flights go in/out of Atlantic City each day so while it may be possible for you to fly there from your home airport schedules may be such that you'd have very long layovers (possibly overnight) en route.

Old Sep 30th, 2008, 11:42 AM

It's about 115 miles from Newark Airport to Mays Landing (figure at least 2 hours driving time).

FYI - You can check driving routs and distances between any 2 points at www.mapquest.com
Old Sep 30th, 2008, 12:40 PM

If you fly into Philadelphia, you can take a train from Philadelphia 30th St station to Egg Harbor City, which is quite close to Mays Landing. The ride takes 65-75 minutes depending on the time of day.

This train is called the Atlantic City line and is run by NJ Transit, so you can check schedules at
http://www.njtransit.com/
Old Sep 30th, 2008, 03:34 PM
Original Poster

Philly definitely sounds like the best option! I'm flying either from Ontario, CA or LAX. So I will have to look into that. Thanks!!
Old Sep 30th, 2008, 03:44 PM

Definitely fly into Philadelphia unless you can get a flight on Spirit (not Sprint) to AC.

Also, to add to Ellenem's post, you will take Septa's R1 airport line from PHL to 30th Street before switching to NJ Transit's AC train.

Or just rent a car. It's a quick and easy drive from Philadelphia down the shore.
Old Sep 30th, 2008, 04:29 PM
Original Poster

The best price for a ticket to Philly is around $420 roundtrip. Is that pretty reasonable?