Reload this Page >

What is the average temp in WDW during Christmas

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9th, 2001, 09:50 PM
Jessica

Serious queston folks.....what can we expect from the weather? Will it be warm enough to swim? Thanks to all who respond

Old Jul 10th, 2001, 03:12 AM
Larry

Jessica:
Average temps can be found for any city in America by going to weather.com It is free and only will take you a few minutes to find what you're after.

Old Jul 10th, 2001, 05:51 AM
Mr. Killjoy

Expect 20 degrees warmer while standing in line at ANYTHING, 'cause it's the most crowded time of the year. Wall to wall people. Smells like a barn... or a frenchman.

Old Jul 10th, 2001, 06:05 AM
CB

Weather can run the full cycle in Florida in December. Most days temps will be in the high 70's and the low 60's at night but we have been known to have a freeze or two, so bring along a sweater or light coat just in case. The only people who swim in Florida during the winter are the tourists so yes it will probably be warm enough for most tourists. Disney doesn't close their water parks in Dec. so that should tell you something.
Happy Travels, CB

Old Jul 10th, 2001, 06:10 AM
Jeremy

Hey Larry,
this is a forum for people to post questions. If you don't like it then go surf somewhere else but don't be rude. This gal just asked a simple question.

Old Jul 10th, 2001, 08:17 AM
Sara

I don't know if Larry was necessarily being rude, maybe just sharing information that he thought would be useful. <weather.com> is a great site, and Jessica might be glad to know about it. I've found it very helpful when planning trips.

We were at WDW last December right after Christmas. The first day we were there the weather was balmy, mid 70's, and the kids went swimming. The next day a cold front blew through, and it was quite cold for the remainder of our vacation, especially on New Year's Eve, when we were out past midnight. We didn't have the right clothes with us, and we nearly froze. My advice is to plan for a range of temperatures, bring shorts and bathing suits, but also long pants and shirts, a light jacket or sweatshirt, and maybe your winter jacket, gloves, and hat too. Hopefully you won't need them, but you'll be might glad to have them if you do!

Old Jul 10th, 2001, 08:35 AM
Southerner

I'm from Atlanta and have been to Disney several times in December. I would say the average would 68-72. Swim in these temps? Not on your life! Unless you are from somewhere far North, this is NOT warm! Yes its warm for Deember, but at 70 degrees you'll see me in jeans a long sleeve t-shirt. I wouldn't get in the water until about 85 degrees! On the other hand, I think low 70s is perfect weather for visiting the parks so that you are comfortable outside all day. Bring jakets for evenings though.

Old Jul 10th, 2001, 09:40 AM
Greg

Jessica,

I have lived in Orlando for over 20 years and all I can offer is you just never no. I have spent christmases in shorts and T-shirts with the A/C running and I have spent them in sweatshirts and coats with the heat running. I have never gone swimming during christmas but I do not like even chilly water. Best bet is to bring variety of clothes as well as a swimsuit as many pools are heated. The oceans will most likely be to cold. Best bet is to keep checking weather sites for the few days before leaving as cold fronts are usually predicted well in advance and are usually close. In reality the weather is usually quite nice that time of year for outdoor activities besides swimming and even if a cold front hits it usually only lasts for 2 or 3 days before it starts to warm up again. My best guess for average would be 70's during day and 50s - 60's at night. enjoy

Old Jul 10th, 2001, 10:12 AM
ilisa

I remember Christmas one year when I was little it got so cold that stores in the Magic Kingdom were running out of sweatshirts! We were there in the beginning of January this year and it was pretty chilly at times.

Old Jul 10th, 2001, 10:52 AM
xxxx

I don't know about December, but I have been there twice in March. Once the weather was beautiful - 70s and 80s and sunny. The other time we froze our butts off!! We had traveled with our winter coats, coming from KC - LUCKILY. We had to wear jeans and winter coats to Disney World. It was codl the whole week. Not much fun...