What are you thankful for?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24th, 2004, 05:41 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm thankful for my family. As always they are supportive, loving and fun to be around. My children are doing well in school, have lots of nice friends and for the most part behave themselves.

I'm thankful for Fodors for the outlet it provides.

I'm thankful that I have the means to travel at least a little bit and that the generous people here help make all of my trips easier, more interesting and more fun.

What everyone out there in Fodorland thinking about today?
Old Nov 24th, 2004, 05:48 AM

I am very greatful for my loving husband, my beautiful daughters, and for living in this great country, and especially for living in Florida!
I wish all of you a very happy Thanksgiving.
Old Nov 24th, 2004, 05:50 AM

I'm thankful for my health and that of my husband and son. I thank God every day for our beautiful, wonderful, caring, and sweet 13 year old boy. I'm thankful for family, food, and my occasional vacations that Fodor's helps guide me through.
Old Nov 24th, 2004, 05:53 AM

I'm thankful for friends & family & pets.

For a job that I love and fun co-workers, and a boss that appreciates hard work.

For a home that I love, even though it still has a long list of projects.

For a wide world of travel destinations I've yet to go to, and for learning about even more places here on Fodors.

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!
Old Nov 24th, 2004, 05:59 AM

Freedom of speech.
Freedom of choice.
Freedom of travel.
The bounty of the land.
Family of all categories.
Health, wealth, wisdom, wine, woman, song.
hermit(s).
Old Nov 24th, 2004, 06:01 AM

I'm thankful for my close family relationships.

I'm thankful for a job that provides challenges, social interaction with a bunch of great people, and enough income to live comfortably.

I'm thankful for Albert the Wonderpug.

I'm thankful that I have the health and finances that allow me to travel every year.
Old Nov 24th, 2004, 06:15 AM

Health, happiness and life.
Old Nov 24th, 2004, 06:25 AM
dln

I am thankful for my family who loves me, my friends who appreciate me, my new job, and my good health and good fortune! (And Fodors too)

Old Nov 24th, 2004, 06:32 AM

Hi Bennie!! Thanks for starting this thread. It's always fun to check in and see so many familiar friendly 'faces'!

It sounds cliche but i'm most thankful for my faith, family and friends. Add to that especially this year, our excellent health and our precious freedom!!!

And on a travel note, that both our wonderful kids STILL want to travel with us! As they get older its more and more difficult, but both will join us next summer for another wild west adventure vacation!!! woo hoo!! (that is, after DS goes backpacking around europe with his buddies!).

Have the BEST thanksgiving everyone. And God bless America and all our service men and women everywhere.
Old Nov 24th, 2004, 06:44 AM

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. Everyone can celebrat it and everyone has at least something to be thankful for. I am thankful for my wonderful family, from my 79 y.o dad to my newiest 2 wek old great nephew. Not to mention my wonderful husband and usually charming teenage sons. And the most wonderful friends you could wish for. And good jobs, a nice house, a fun dog who thinks he too is one of my sons, and most importantly, good health for all. That's not to say there's no problems, but if the world were perfect, what would we strive for?
May you all find blessings to be thankful for this and every year.
Old Nov 24th, 2004, 06:53 AM
GoTravel

I am thankful for Mr. GoTravel's health.

Old Nov 24th, 2004, 07:08 AM

I am thankful for health, children, true love, good fortune, and the good luck to be born in the USA.
Old Nov 24th, 2004, 08:01 AM
JJ5

Family, and the fact that I have so many and we all have health. Also that all my children now live so close that I can see them quite often.

Very thankful for the fact that we have so many choices in the USA.

Thanksgiving is also my favorite holiday by far. It's the only one on which I get to see all of my family together. And I love to cook and enjoy the entire thing tremendously, especially now when my job gives me a four day Holiday this time of year to recoup a bit.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!
Old Nov 24th, 2004, 08:09 AM

I am thankful for

...my husband who seems have a knack for putting a smile on my face even in hard times
...my friends who have held me up, listened to me cry and have been there through the happy and sad
...my family who loves me and loves my husband
...and my fodors friends who help me plan trips, live vicariously through yours and always keep it interesting!

Best wishes for a healthy, happy and prosperous holiday season!
Debbie
Old Nov 24th, 2004, 08:12 AM

I'm thankful for my children, grandchildren and other family, for my health, and that, for all its warts and blemishes, that I live in a place and time where I and my family are free to do almost anything we want and can afford.

I'm thankful for the stunning sunlight filtering through the fog this morning in Mesquite.

I'm thankful for all the friends and acquaintences I've made in a liftetime of living and working, and for the cyber-friends I've made on this forum. Finally, I'm thankful to be able to retire early, travel, and make new friends and acquaintences wherever I go.

Let's all make a little room in our day of Thanksgiving to thank all our servicemen and women around the world and all those who came before who ensure we all have the opportunity to be thankful for all these things.
Old Nov 24th, 2004, 08:54 AM

I thankful that Georgie Bush will out of office in 4 years. Hopefully he won't ruin this country first!!!!!
Old Nov 24th, 2004, 09:49 AM

I am thankful that I have a loving family and the luck to be born in such a wonderful country. I am thankful that I wake up with a smile everyday and can face whatever challenges come my way.

I am going to overlook the attempt at making this thread political because I do not think the OP intended for it to turn sour (golfer55) All other posts on this thread are very nice to read.

Happy Thanksgiving all. God bless.
Old Nov 24th, 2004, 09:51 AM
GoTravel

golfer, I'm sure Bush is going to ruin the country.

What is your backup plan?

Old Nov 24th, 2004, 10:01 AM
gc

I'm thankful to be able to get out of bed and consume solid food. That, and everything else is a gift.

I'm thankful to live in a land where we change governments without violence and where, even through divisive campaigns, we share goals for the common good.
Old Nov 24th, 2004, 10:10 AM

Im very thankful-
For a loving husband
For interesting kids who are honest and hardworking.
For wonderful siblings, nieces, MIL, and many friends.
For a great job, and the luck to live in Hawaii.
For powerful chemo drugs and caring doctors.
For my bumper crop of orchids, ginger and anthuriums this week.
My adorable mutt dog-man.
My friends on Fodors.

Happy travels & Good eating!

Lucy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -