Reload this Page >

What are the best golf courses in Maui?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9th, 1999, 05:33 PM
Mary K.

Will be there the month of May. Which course is your favorite? Can you give me an idea of the prices?

Old Apr 9th, 1999, 09:15 PM
MARIO V

MARY,
YOU'VE HIT THE JACKPOT ON THIS ISLAND.TRY ANY OF THE 3 COURSES IN KAPALUA OR ANY OF THE 3 IN WAILEA.TRY TO GET ON WAIKAPU. ALSO,TAKE A DAY TRIP TO LANAI AND PLAY THE 'CHALLENGE' AND THE 'EXPERIENCE'. ENJOY!!!!!

Old Apr 11th, 1999, 08:53 AM
Bart

Mary, lucky you, The 3 courses at Kapalua are the best on the island. All the courses are pretty expensive. Resort guests get a break for the courses connected to the resort. Discount = $25-50. At Kapalua, play twice in one day and save $. I normally get up early and get out in one of the 1st foursomes. You can play a second 18 at that course or 1 of the other 2 courses for $25. I think the rates at Kapalua are $125- $150.

Old Apr 16th, 1999, 09:00 AM
Paul

I am planning trip to Maui and from what I have read, it looks like the green fees drop to around $75 at most courses if you go after 2 pm. Can anyone indicate why? Does it get that hot? Or, do people tend to play two rounds? etc.

Thanks, Paul

Old Apr 16th, 1999, 03:05 PM
John

Rates drop after 2 PM because you may not get 18 holes in. I played Mauna Kea on the Big Island at the twilight rates. I got 16 holes in but saved $100. I was surprised that the sun sets so early in Hawaii, but that's the way it is.