Reload this Page >

Westin, The Eliot or The Collonade

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10th, 2002, 09:45 AM
traveler

I will be in Boston for two weekends in March. Proximity to Symphony Hall is important. Based on comments already posted, I've eliminated The Copley Square Hotel. My options are The Eliot @ 235., The Collonade @ 225 or a Jr. Suite at the Westin/Copley Square @ 229. (Other options at The Westin were a standard room @ 179. or a River View @ 199. Is the Jr. Suite worth the extra?) Given the time of year, I know the weather won't be great. That said a convenient location close to a Green Line stop would be very helpful. I look forward to your comments.

Old Feb 10th, 2002, 11:27 AM
John

Go with the Westin. While it may lack some of the charm of the two other hotels you mentioned, it is very well located. You will be able to walk into Copley Place or over to Prudential without ever going outdoors to face the weather. In addition, there are several food/entertainment options in those two locations.

As for the jr. suite, it is worth the extra. These are larger, corner rooms that are one big space. THey have a sleeping area, desk near the windows, and a sitting area with tv/mini bar. They also have two HUGE walls of windows that overlook Back Bay as well as the Charles. It is worth every penny!

Old Feb 10th, 2002, 01:53 PM
traveler

John, Thanks. I was leaning toward The Westin for all the reasons you pointed out. I just needed to have my thoughts confirmed. I've stayed at The Collonade before on a special BSO rate, for its convenience to Symphony Hall, and it is nothing to write home about. Ordinary room. No service. Now that the BSO no longer has a contract with them, I think I can do better elsewhere. I know the Eliot is wonderful but not as convenient as The Westin. It's a LONG walk to Symphony Hall and the train requires a change at Copley. Seems like I've made up my mind! Thanks, also, for the advice on the Jr. Suite. That's what I was really waffling on. I was having a hard time justifying the added expense, but it clearly seems that it will be well worth it.

Old Feb 10th, 2002, 03:07 PM
Tsuther

Go with the Westin and join the Starwood Preferred Guests. It's worth it!

Old Feb 10th, 2002, 07:10 PM
Leslie

You can bid on the Westin through Priceline.

Old Feb 12th, 2002, 11:03 AM
traveler

Leslie, I didn't realize you could bid on a particular property on Priceline. I thought you gave dates, city and a dollar amount, and had to take whatever hotel they gave. Am I wrong? How does it work?

Old Mar 2nd, 2002, 07:06 AM
traveler

Leslie, Thanks for suggesting Priceline. I gave it a try and was able to book both nights at the Colonnade for 90- each. First choice would have been The Westin; however, I very pleased with what I ended up with. Thanks again!