Westin or Hyatt Regency

Old Aug 2nd, 2002, 07:15 AM
Betty

Westin or Hyatt Regency

This is my first trip to Greenville. Which has the nicer rooms, the Westin or the Hyatt? Also can you give me some restaurant tips in the area. We will be headed towards the NC mountains for a day.

Old Aug 2nd, 2002, 08:18 PM
janis

You might get better response if you start a new thread w/ Greenville NC in the title. I assumed you were asking about San Francisco since there is a Westin and a Hyatt Regency near Union Square.

Old Aug 5th, 2002, 07:01 AM
Danna

As a native , I have not been in the hotel rooms. Westin is a much newer property, maybe 2 years old. These two hotels anchor either end of Greenville's main street, which is actually very nice. You will find many restaurants there, some with very nice atmospheres and outdoor dining. Try Lemongrass, Bistro Europa, Restaurante Bergamo. If you are not a major foodie, I think you will be happy with these choices. There is not much else in Greenville besides chains. If you are a bit of a food snob, there is nothing in this town which will Wow
you. (There is an out-of-the-way sushi place with terrible atmosphere and good food, post back if you are interested) Oh, there is also a rather nice restuarant (not on main st.) called Culinary Capers for a "fancy" meal.

When you go to NC mountains, I recommend Salsa and Zambra in Asheville or Expressions and Highland Inn in Hendersonville.

Old Aug 5th, 2002, 09:47 AM
Betty

Thanks, Danna. For some reason, I thought I read that the Westin was
an older rennovated hotel. Both hotels have really good rates.

Janis: Sorry for the confusion. It is
actually Greenville, South Carolina that
I am referring to, which happens to be
fairly close to the mountains of North Carolina.

Old Aug 5th, 2002, 10:18 AM
Danna

Betty - actually you are right. the building the Westin is in was called the "old Poinsett Hotel" locally, however as long as I can remember, it had not been a functioning hotel until the Westin bought it.

Have a nice trip