Search

West Park Hotel NYC

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20th, 2002, 02:06 AM
Adina

West Park Hotel NYC

Does anybody know anything about the West Park Hotel at Colombus Circle? They have great deals listed at all the travel sites, but mixed messages as to whether they have finished renovating or still renovating. It makes sense that they are offering rooms cheap if there are workmen all over the place, and that's really not my idea of a vacation!

Old Jan 20th, 2002, 04:05 AM
rqf

I don't know about the renovating but there is major construction going on across the street so noise from the constrution site could be annoying during the workday. The location of the hotel is good since all of the following are within a one mile radius: Times Square, theater district, Central Park, Lincoln
Center, Central Park, and 5th Avenue.

Old Jan 20th, 2002, 01:33 PM
ny

as RQF said, Columbus Circle itself is kind of hectic these days. There is major construction going on for the new AOL Time Warner complex, 2 huge office buildings...
Wher exactly is this hotel? There is a Trump hotel across the intersection, but I can't picture another hotel in the area

Old Jan 21st, 2002, 04:08 PM
topping

ttt

Old Jan 22nd, 2002, 04:35 AM
Lois

West Park is in the same block as the Hudson on West 58th, and it is indeed right across a narrow street from the big Columbus Circle construction project. The hotel itself looks a little ratty. Whatever they are asking on the travel sites is probably too much. I would prefer to stay at the Hudson, though I don't think that's a particularly good hotel. Check out the rates at the Empire, 2 minutes away across from Lincoln Center, or the Holiday Inn on W57th, which is fairly cheap and would offer you a quieter room, though not luxurious.