Weekends or Weekdays?

Old Jun 4th, 1999, 02:19 AM
Lyndsay

Weekends or Weekdays?

Are the weekends crowded. Which is the best time during the week to go.

Old Jun 4th, 1999, 04:22 AM
Paul Rabe

Could you be a LITTLE more specific on WHICH place you are asking about? The U.S. has a LOT of places to visit, so I hope you're not asking if the whole country is more crowded than the week!

Old Jun 4th, 1999, 04:57 AM
martha

Lyndsay, Fodor's requires you to pick a state when you post, but it doesn't appear in the post--it's just for searching.

Old Jun 4th, 1999, 05:01 AM
Brian in Atlanta

Seeing how 75% of this forum is devoted to Hawaii and Disney and Vegas, I bet she's asking about Disneyland/world or Vegas.

Old Jun 4th, 1999, 05:16 AM
Brian in Atlanta

Ohhhhhh. Now I see. You're talking about New Orleans. And it's a good question. The weekends are definitely more crowded than the weekdays (in the Quarter, at least).

Depending on how much time you have, I think you would enjoy the Quarter from Tues-Fri more than Fri-Sun if you'd rather avoid large crowds. My wife and I spent Tues-Fri there a couple of summers ago (low season - if there even is one - due to the heat) and noticed how much more crowded the Quarter became as we got closer to the weekend. We now go either over Christmas (it's great, you have the whole Quarter to yourself Christmas Day) or another weekend in December. It's much less crowded then and the hotels have better prices.

It's a great place if you like to drink, eat and wander. Have a great time!