Weekend in Seattle Restaurant Help

Old Sep 3rd, 2010, 12:06 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Weekend in Seattle Restaurant Help

My family and I will be visiting Seattle for a weekend to do a college campus tour and to take in a Seahawks game so our days are set. We'll be staying downtown near the Pacific Place Center on Pine Street for 3 nights. We are looking at some restaurants for dinners, within reasonable walking distance or no more than a short taxi ride away.

We are definitely planning on Serious Pie for one dinner which we enjoyed on a previous visit. Other places we are considering are the Steelhead Diner or Etta's Seafood for our second dinner (we've eaten at Ivar's and Elliott's). For our third night we're looking at either Il Bistro at Pike Market or Ristorante Machiavelli for Italian.

Other spots during the day on my list are Top Pot Doughnuts, Redmill Burgers, maybe Hing Loon if we feel like Chinese. Any thoughts on which places you prefer or other suggestions? Thanks for your help.
Old Sep 3rd, 2010, 12:17 PM

You already have a great selection...for Italian in downtown Seattle, we like Carmine Il Terrazzo and Tulio. A short taxi ride away is a great Spanish tapas restaurant in Madison Park called Harvest Vine...really favorful and different food.
Old Sep 3rd, 2010, 12:25 PM

You don't go particularly for the food, but the revolving restaurant at the Top of the Space Needle can't be beat for views on a clear day. We went up late in the day and watched the sun go down and everything turn to night. It's something we won't soon forget.
Old Sep 3rd, 2010, 04:36 PM
Original Poster

Thank you for both your replies, I really appreciate it. I'd heard good things about Tulio before, but completely forgot about them. Since the restaurant isn't very far from our hotel, I'll add it to our list for Italian.
Old Sep 3rd, 2010, 05:54 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Machiavellis is a fabulous little neighborhood cafe. But it's a totally different level (price point, fancy-factor) from Il Bistro. Actually my favorite Italian downtown is Assagio's on 4th, which falls in the middle of these two.

I prefer Etta's over Steelhead, and at Etta's I like the left hand side (bar) of the restaurant better than the dining room, which I find kind of crowded feeling and noisy.
Old Sep 3rd, 2010, 06:10 PM

Thanks for reminding me about Carmine Il Terrazzo. It's an old school place with great food and service. I wonder why it keeps such a low profile. Perhaps it has all the monied clientile it can handle. If somebody offers to take me out for my birthday, I'll suggest the place: http://www.ilterrazzocarmine.com/lunch/index.html
Old Sep 4th, 2010, 06:57 PM
Original Poster

Thanks suze and htty. I knew Machiavelli and Il Bistro were different levels, but each sounded good for what they do. I know we'll have a fine meal whichever Italian restaurant we decide on, including the additional suggestions.
Old Sep 5th, 2010, 07:30 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Actually I love Machiavelli's. I know the owners there. Good people. Good food. Fun experience. It would fall into the 'eat where the locals eat' category I think. It's a teeny bit outside downtown, up towards Capitol Hill, but close enough to easily walk.

I also think Il Terrazzo is a fabulous restaurant. Il Bistro has one of the best 'romantic' atmospheres around to my view. Assagio's reminds me the most of Europe.

Just very different places, all
Old Sep 5th, 2010, 09:33 AM

If you would like a wonderful Asian meal try Long, a "provincial Vietnamese" place at the corner of 2d and Stewart. Upscale decor, great menu, not expensive.

And I second Suze's nomination of Etta's, specifically on the "bar" side which is quieter.