Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Wedding in Pullman, WA ó ideas for family vacation?

Notices

Old Jul 17th, 2018, 06:02 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We have a family wedding in Pullman, WA (flying into Spokane) in early August. We were originally planning to return home immediately afterward, but circumstances have changed and weíre now able to stay in the northwest and vacation for 7-10 days. Weíd definitely like to include Seattle, as neither my husband nor I have been. Trying to figure out an itinerary that would be suitable for us and our 10 year old daughter. Wondering if we should pair Seattle with Vancouver/BC or do the Washington/Oregon coast. About us: we love to see and experience the beautiful scenery and enjoy lesisurely walks and light hiking, but neither of us is the hard-core hiking/camping type. Any and all recommendations are welcome and appreciated!

Last edited by nicsoff; Jul 17th, 2018 at 06:54 PM. Reason: Bold title
Old Jul 17th, 2018, 10:36 PM

So many choices, so little time. With a 10-year-old, if you want to relax on the beach and play in the sand, the Oregon Coast is nicer than Washington's. But the San Juan Islands would give you a chance for an orca watching trip, hiking and the ferry rides.

Seattle itself is a fun city for kids. When my kids were that age, it was a favorite place to visit. A few kid-centric highlights:

We enjoyed a ferry ride to Blake Island for the salmon bake and Native American dances and story telling. The wooden masks were incredible. This is a package ticket-- you buy everything together.

The Woodland Park Zoo is great-- we were excited to see the large ape exhibit, Komodo dragons, and we paid to feed the giraffes. (Confirm all of those animals are still there).

Seattle Aquarium is also decent. Sea horses, sea dragons and the large aquarium of mixed fish and plants.

The Pacific Science Center was another hit. We liked the outdoor area the best.

​​Also include the Pike Place Market, the Chihuly Museum and the Space Needle.

https://www.argosycruises.com/argosy-cruises/tillicum-excursion/
Old Jul 18th, 2018, 12:00 AM

There are tons of options. Iíd personally pick more along the lines of northern Idaho, Glacier NP, Yellowstone, or jasper/Banff (assuming you have passports).

I love Oregon coast too of course, but I think the nps, mountains, Idaho panhandle are more memorable. Also, if youíre talking about this August, you may find your lodging options on the coast less than stellar. That could be an issue anywhere, but in my experience itís the worst on the oregon coast,

Including Seattle in any case is easy enough. There are only so many ways to get to Pullman, and the cheapest is almost always flying into Seattle and driving to Pullman.

Last edited by marvelousmouse; Jul 18th, 2018 at 12:04 AM.
Old Jul 18th, 2018, 06:53 AM

Received 53 Likes on 4 Posts
Some logistical considerations: First, have you re-priced your rental car for a Spokane - Seattle or Spokane - Portland one way plan rather than returning it to Spokane? There might be a nasty one-way surcharge added; worth checking.

Second, how are you with heat? Most of eastern Washington and eastern Oregon (if you head south) tend to be quite warm in August, with temperatures in the 90s and even 100s not uncommon, albeit usually with low humidity. Maybe you're from someplace where you have hot summers, so not an issue, but I thought I'd bring it up. West of the Cascades the temperatures tend to be lower, although areas like Portland the the central Columbia Gorge can also be quite warm during that time frame, just not regularly so.

Third, while Seattle or Vancouver are terrific destinations for summer vacations, be advised that hotel prices in the two cities will make your eyes water - up there with New York and London, maybe higher. Having a car and staying someplace away from the core areas can help, as can staying in private accommodations like VRBO or Airbnb, but hotels in the middle of the tourist action are VERY expensive, and you're very, very late in trying to book space.

Finally, to restate an issue others have already raised, desirable places on the Oregon coast (e.g. Cannon Beach and the north coast area in general) tend to book up solid for August, and many have two-night minimums. Places like the San Juan Islands also fill up. If you want to include one of these popular areas in your travels, finding space is job one. Like today.

So with all that negative crud said, you can still have a terrific time. Let me throw out some alternatives for you to explore - quickly.

1. Yellowstone.

In roughly the same time that it would take to drive from Pullman to, say, Cannon Beach (maybe an hour longer, maybe not) you can make it to Gardiner or West Yellowstone Montana, both on the edge of Yellowstone NP. As on the coast, accommodations are going to be tough to obtain, but Gardiner and West Yellowstone, being located outside the park boundaries, both have a wide range of accommodation, and there might even be cancellations that you could exploit. While staying outside the park and "commuting" in is less than ideal, it's certainly possible, and Yellowstone is a place everyone should see at least once. With 7-10 days you'd have ample time to explore the park, and also to do an excursion south to Grand Teton NP with its iconic scenery. You could return the car back to Spokane in another day's drive.

2. Joseph, the Wallowas, and the Columbia Gorge. Map - https://goo.gl/maps/i986JEAGWg92

This would take you south from Pullman to Joseph, Oregon, at the foot of the spectacular Wallowa mountains, "America's Switzerland." The town of Joseph is charming, full of galleries, public sculpture, cool cafes, etc., and it's next to stunning Wallowa Lake. There are hiking and swimming possibilities all over the place, a gondola you can take up into the mountains... it's quite terrific. Then, after a couple of days in Joseph, you could head west on I-84 to Maryhill (visit the cool museum and strange replica of Stonehenge) and continue to Hood River. There you could base yourselves for several days, visiting Mount Hood, the Hood River Valley "fruit loop," explore the Columbia Gorge's waterfalls and vista points (those that are accessible in the aftermath of last year's terrible fires), visit Herman the Sturgeon at the Bonneville fish hatchery, watch the windsurfers and kite boarders on the Columbia, hike in various forests or around various lakes... the diversity of the area is amazing. When you're done you could return to Spokane and drop the car, or if the one-way fee is tolerable, just drive 45 min or an hour to Portland airport and fly from there. (Where's home, by the way?)

3. Puget Sound. If you want to visit Seattle (and who doesn't?) then bite the bullet and head our way. But I'd do it in rather a roundabout route. Map - https://goo.gl/maps/fihB6Qt9DVp

Travel east from Pullman to Palouse Falls out in the middle of nowhere. In August there won't be a lot of water going over the falls, but they're spectacular nonetheless, and it's not far off the main road. Continue west to the wonderful Wild Horses monument overlooking the Columbia, then head northwest to the junction of US 2. Stop at the kitschy faux "Bavarian" village of Leavenworth, then cross the Cascades on spectacular US 2. When you hit salt water at Everett, bear south a few miles to WA 526, the "Boeing Freeway," which will take you past the Boeing Everett plant, home of the big jets and the biggest building in the world, to Mukilteo, a cute waterfront town facing Puget Sound. Stay the night at the Silver Cloud hotel in Mukilteo (sitting atop piling over the water) and watch the sunset from the driftwood-covered beach next to the cute lighthouse. The next day, take the ferry from Mukilteo over to Whidbey Island, and drive north up the island, visiting the charming waterfront villages of Langley and Coupeville, and hiking around Deception Pass, the marvelous narrow gap between Whidbey and Fidalgo Islands.

Spend the next night or two in Anacortes on Fidalgo Island. On one of the days, do a whale watching tour from Anacortes; on another day travel as foot passengers (or take the car) to Friday Harbor on San Juan Island. Friday Harbor is quite cute, as is Roche Harbor on the other side of the island, but a real highlight is Lime Kiln State Park, with its own lighthouse but with orcas frequently visible from the rocky beach. Return in the evening to Anacortes.

Then head south to Seattle for whatever remaining days you have. You could drop the car and stay downtown someplace ($$$) or keep the car, stay someplace out of town,and endure commuting and parking for your visits. Do the numbers - the car+commute option might be cheaper.

4. This is the curve ball option. Alaska. I mentioned this option on another thread, and when I did some quick research it really started to make some sense. Hear me out.

There are numerous cruises departing from Seattle and Vancouver BC for 7-night round trips to Alaska. The round trip cruises all visit key ports along the southeast "panhandle" coast of Alaska; there are also one-way cruises from Vancouver to southcentral Alaska (Seward or Whittier) from which you can explore places like Anchorage, Denali and the Kenai Peninsula, but that option really requires more time than you have available..

But the round-trips out of Seattle and Vancouver all offer some major advantages for late bookers and for people who want to reduce logistical hassles and actually SEE things, rather than just driving to them. First, of course, it's Alaska. Mountains, glaciers, rain forests, Native heritage, islands, wildlife, historic towns... it's all there. Second, it's surprisingly cheap. Unpack once, and with no rental car, no need to decamp and move to the next place, surprisingly good food (and a vast selection) and VERY comfortable lodgings, it's easy to spend a week on the ship spending less on a per-person-per-night basis than doing a car+hotel+restaurant alternative. Yes, you need to manage your money when it comes to the shore excursions the cruise lines hawk, but it's quite easy to enjoy many of the excursions' offerings on your own, at a huge reduction in cost. And finally, it's incredibly relaxing - the scenery comes to you, and there's nothing like standing on your balcony or on the ship's rails at night watching the dark forest or moonlit mountains along the Inside Passage slide by, accompanied by the hiss of the water under the ship. "Never-cruise" people tend to become converts right then.

So enough of the hype. Just throwing out ideas for you to consider. Act fast.
Old Jul 18th, 2018, 01:18 PM

You know what...Iím going to second Gardylooís idea of an Alaskan cruise, if you can find one fitting your dates. When all said and done, it would likely be economical (that sounds crazy but just wait until you see regional hotel prices), itíll be easy, and youíll have a little of everything.

you're planning this at short notice, in the hottest time of year- I hope said wedding is inside because Iíve been to a Pullman wedding outside in August, never again- and a cruise would just mean showing up and enjoying yourself.

that said, Iím camping in Spokane this weekend so I have no room to talk about the heat...
Old Jul 18th, 2018, 01:55 PM

Received 14 Likes on 3 Posts
If you do find that there is a large drop fee for the car, consider taking the Amtrak Empire Builder from Spokane to either Portland or Seattle. (kids under 12 are half of the adult fare.) When it is on time, (sometimes) it leaves Spokane between 2:15 and 2:30AM and arrives in Seattle or Portland before 11AM.
MM, I feel for you. I'm working in a fire tower in central Oregon where it usually gets above 90 for several hours in the PM. At least i'm getting paid for it.
While you are in Pullaman, take the short drive over to visit Moscow (Idaho).
Another place to cool off in Idaho, is the lake near Coeur d' Alene.
Old Jul 19th, 2018, 04:50 PM

going from Spokane/Pullman to Seattle, the coasts or on an Alaska cruise is ridiculous if OP is flying into Spokane-unless the budget allows for expensive last minute flights to other cities and back into Spokane. the cruise for a ten year old would be less than enjoyable and it's much time at sea and little time in any ports usually. and more than likely fitting your time frame would be tough. don't waste your time on that. Seattle is great but wait until you can fly into town directly. if you can take a little heat, look at something such as this
Spokane, Coeur d'Alene and Lake Coeur d'Alene Idaho, Lake Pend Oreille, Kootenai National Forest, Flathead Lake, and Glacier National Park. this does represent a good chunk of road time and would require ten days really not 7. go at your own pace, beautiful scenery, small towns to explore, wildlife opportunities, and some light hiking options. you'll need to get on your research what ever you choose but definitely look at staying on the east side of WA for this trip. you'll be happy you did.
Old Jul 19th, 2018, 07:20 PM

Received 32 Likes on 7 Posts
>>the cruise for a ten year old would be less than enjoyable and it's much time at sea and little time in any ports usually
Old Jul 20th, 2018, 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by melproffit View Post
going from Spokane/Pullman to Seattle, the coasts or on an Alaska cruise is ridiculous if OP is flying into Spokane-unless the budget allows for expensive last minute flights to other cities and back into Spokane. the cruise for a ten year old would be less than enjoyable and it's much time at sea and little time in any ports usually. and more than likely fitting your time frame would be tough. don't waste your time on that. Seattle is great but wait until you can fly into town directly.
I just priced a four-day car rental (Avis) from Spokane airport in August, and returning the car to GEG is actually $90 more than a one-way rental (same number of days) with the car being dropped in Seattle. (This is probably because of the high demand for vehicles in Seattle during cruise season; the car companies can use more inventory.) The drive from Pullman to Seattle is pretty quick and certainly no longer than driving to someplace like Glacier National Park (where finding accommodation on short notice is bound to be horribly difficult.)

And on the contrary, the cruises are VERY kid-friendly on Alaska itineraries. The ships all have kids programs, there are umpteen excursions in port that are kid-friendly (and way more if the parents are willing to do some DIY adventures.) There are food choices for even the pickiest eaters, babysitting service (if needed) so that the parents can have a kid-free evening if they choose, free room service, movies and game rooms, a library, and the company of numerous other kids both on the ship and on shore.

Examples: when the ship docks in Ketchikan, ride the city bus ($2) up to Totem Bight State Park. See the remarkable collection of totem poles, a Tlingit longhouse, hikes in the rain forest... then back to the ship, or return to Ketchikan and go the other way a few miles to the Native village of Saxman, with more artifacts to see, surrounded by life being lived.

Or in Skagway. Rent a car and leave behind the crowds off the ships in port. Drive up over the mountains into the Yukon (note passports needed.) Visit the gold rush town of Carcross and the nearby Carcross Desert (an anomaly of the microclimate) then continue a few more miles (km) past pretty Emerald Lake to the Robinson Roadhouse ghost town, where your only neighbors will be noisy marmots protesting your trespassing. Walk around then back to Skagway, have an ice cream or something stronger, then back to the ship for the next day's glacier viewing or whale chasing.

In my view, this is a "higher yield" experience for families with kids than sitting in a car for hours.
Old Jul 20th, 2018, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by Gardyloo View Post
I just priced a four-day car rental (Avis) from Spokane airport in August, and returning the car to GEG is actually $90 more than a one-way rental (same number of days) with the car being dropped in Seattle. (This is probably because of the high demand for vehicles in Seattle during cruise season; the car companies can use more inventory.) The drive from Pullman to Seattle is pretty quick and certainly no longer than driving to someplace like Glacier National Park (where finding accommodation on short notice is bound to be horribly difficult.)

And on the contrary, the cruises are VERY kid-friendly on Alaska itineraries. The ships all have kids programs, there are umpteen excursions in port that are kid-friendly (and way more if the parents are willing to do some DIY adventures.) There are food choices for even the pickiest eaters, babysitting service (if needed) so that the parents can have a kid-free evening if they choose, free room service, movies and game rooms, a library, and the company of numerous other kids both on the ship and on shore.

Examples: when the ship docks in Ketchikan, ride the city bus ($2) up to Totem Bight State Park. See the remarkable collection of totem poles, a Tlingit longhouse, hikes in the rain forest... then back to the ship, or return to Ketchikan and go the other way a few miles to the Native village of Saxman, with more artifacts to see, surrounded by life being lived.

Or in Skagway. Rent a car and leave behind the crowds off the ships in port. Drive up over the mountains into the Yukon (note passports needed.) Visit the gold rush town of Carcross and the nearby Carcross Desert (an anomaly of the microclimate) then continue a few more miles (km) past pretty Emerald Lake to the Robinson Roadhouse ghost town, where your only neighbors will be noisy marmots protesting your trespassing. Walk around then back to Skagway, have an ice cream or something stronger, then back to the ship for the next day's glacier viewing or whale chasing.

In my view, this is a "higher yield" experience for families with kids than sitting in a car for hours.
your one way rental makes no sense if they are flying in and out of Spokane and if $90 is gong to break the budget, plan a different trip. the drive from Pullman is 4.5 boring hours and that's if you don't have bumper to bumper weekend traffic from Ellensburg to Issaquah. and do that drive again to get back to Spokane? also, seems to me that OP is interested in spending time with their child, not sending off with a large group of kids and have someone else tend to them. your proposed plans for port stop activities could be interesting but between riding a bus and renting a car for a day seems like more potential logistical hassle than relaxing. having only done one cruise, port excursions can rack up $$. additionally, I checked Expedia and there are numerous available options for staying in the area of GNP in the first two weeks of August. Bottom line, there is no good reason to drive from the east side of the state to the west side for a family trip in August when flying in and out of Spokane. Get yourself a rental car in Spokane and explore the area at your own pace.
Old Jul 20th, 2018, 08:52 AM

Received 32 Likes on 7 Posts
>>[b]Bottom line, there is no good reason to drive from the east side of the state to the west side for a family trip in August when flying in and out of Spokane.
Old Jul 20th, 2018, 03:58 PM

OP-"We’d definitely like to include Seattle"-not we must see Seattle, or Seattle is a can't miss.they appear to my reading to have little detail on what it takes to drive across the state-TWICE-and want advice on enjoying a vacation suitable for parents &10 yr old.
i'll say it again, stay on the east side, have a great vacation and do Seattle/Vancouver/BC/coasts when you can fly in and out of SeaTac. to anyone familiar with any of these areas and the driving involved it really is a no-brainer.
Old Jul 20th, 2018, 04:19 PM

they appear to my reading to have little detail on what it takes to drive across the state-TWICE-and want advice on enjoying a vacation suitable for parents &10 yr old.
As I mentioned above, apparently a one-way rental, Spokane > Pullman > Seattle is cheaper than just returning the car back at Spokane, so they wouldn't need to drive across the state twice. But perhaps it's time for the OP to return and give us his/her thoughts.
Old Jul 20th, 2018, 07:55 PM

I am reading the OP “flying into Spokane” as round trip in and already booked but I admit I may be mistaken. Certainly different narrative if that is still to be finalized.
Old Jul 21st, 2018, 05:06 AM
Original Poster

Thank you all for your considerable thought and wonderful suggestions! To clarify, we are flying into Spokane, driving to Pullman for the wedding, and then driving to Seattle from there. Yes, the car rental is exhorbitant. Thatís what we get for making plans at the last minute!

Given the minimal time for planning/research, weíve decided to limit this trip to Seattle and Vancouver/Victoria. We actually have about 7 days after the wedding, so Iím trying to decide whether to park ourselves in Seattle the whole time and do day trips, one day excursion to Victoria, etc., or whether we should stay in Seattle for 3-4 days and then stay in Vancouver area for the remaining time. Which I guess doesnít make much sense because we will be flying back from Seattle.

Would welcome thoughts on how to divide our time. Looking to make this itinerary fairly simple, given the lack of time, planning, etc. I donít usually wait for the last minute to plan a trip! Our circumstances changed and we suddenly found ourselves with an opportunity to stay and travel for a week after the wedding. Appreciate all the suggestions!

One more question... Iíve been researching but have found conflicting info on whether a passport is needed to cross the border. My daughter doesnít have one, and I just realized that mine is expired! Before I go park myself at a passport office to expedite the process, Iím wondering if someone might be able to clear this up for me. Neither my husband nor I has an enhanced license.

Thanks!
Old Jul 21st, 2018, 05:24 AM

Originally Posted by nicsoff View Post
Thank you all for your considerable thought and wonderful suggestions! To clarify, we are flying into Spokane, driving to Pullman for the wedding, and then driving to Seattle from there. Yes, the car rental is exhorbitant. That’s what we get for making plans at the last minute!

Given the minimal time for planning/research, we’ve decided to limit this trip to Seattle and Vancouver/Victoria. We actually have about 7 days after the wedding, so I’m trying to decide whether to park ourselves in Seattle the whole time and do day trips, one day excursion to Victoria, etc., or whether we should stay in Seattle for 3-4 days and then stay in Vancouver area for the remaining time. Which I guess doesn’t make much sense because we will be flying back from Seattle.

Would welcome thoughts on how to divide our time. Looking to make this itinerary fairly simple, given the lack of time, planning, etc. I don’t usually wait for the last minute to plan a trip! Our circumstances changed and we suddenly found ourselves with an opportunity to stay and travel for a week after the wedding. Appreciate all the suggestions!

One more question... I’ve been researching but have found conflicting info on whether a passport is needed to cross the border. My daughter doesn’t have one, and I just realized that mine is expired! Before I go park myself at a passport office to expedite the process, I’m wondering if someone might be able to clear this up for me. Neither my husband nor I has an enhanced license.

Thanks!
Yes, you need a passport (or a "passport card") to travel to Canada, and you might be out of luck timing-wise. Your daughter will only need proof of US citizenship (birth certificate ought to do.) I'd review this page pronto - https://travel.state.gov/content/tra...ort/hurry.html There are expediting services that you can use for a fee; no idea which ones would work for you, but there are probably online reviews.

But that being the case I would probably be working on a Canada-free Plan B, and that's not too hard to arrange. You haven't mentioned budget, but be aware that hotel prices in Seattle during the cruise season are VERY expensive, so in framing your plans you need to decide whether you want to stay in town and pay high hotel (and parking, if you keep the car) prices, or stay outside town and commute in. If it were me I'd probably keep the car and look at out-of-town excursions and activities. With a week, you'd have time to explore the Puget Sound region including possibly Olympic National Park for three days or so, but you're going to need to book accommodation immediately, and be prepared that choices are going to be limited.
Old Jul 21st, 2018, 08:14 AM

Honestly, I don't think all the work, stress and cost for last minute passports are worth it--because there is so much else to do.

I think your plan to base in Seattle is great. The suggestions I gave in post #2 were during a weeklong trip to Seattle.

I'm gonna guess that the wedding you're attending is on a weekend. So, if you decide to split your vacation to 2 places, at least you are looking for weekday lodgings. Do Seattle for the second half/portion of your week and end with your flight out near the airport. Tends to be easier and cause less changes of hotels.
Old Jul 23rd, 2018, 12:18 PM

This thread is a total mess... wherein even those who usually seem organized report that Palouse Falls requires a drive East from Pullman.

The Canada options at this stage are pointless, considering the lack of documentation, and somebody with 7-ish days for such a trip is probably spreading themselves too thin if wanting to effectively begin in Pullman and then drive in a circle while including both Vancouver and Seattle.

My first instinct is to leave Pullman and target the small-ish town of Winthrop, WA, from which you can embark on a passage of the North Cascades Highway over to Western Washington. Then take I-5 toward Seattle for whatever amount of time you want to give (us), before then heading south toward Portland, and then maaaaaaaaaaaaaybe first over toward the Oregon Coast... and driving all of the way down to Crater Lake (IF that interests you) and then back up toward Mount Hood, and the Columbia Gorge while continuing east toward Spokane again.

The alternative to this in terms of one-way car rental would be flying into Spokane and out of Portland (while still needing to zig-zag a bit to include Columbia Gorge and Mount Hood).

Stop at Maryhill, WA along the Columbia Gorge to see the full-size replica of Stonehenge there.

So, pretending...

night 1 in/near Winthrop?

nights 2 and 3 in Seattle area

night 4 Portland (Pooooooooooossibly after a half-circle of Mount Rainier along the adjusted path from Seattle)

night 5 Oregon coast

night 6 Bend, Oregon (-ish)

night 7 maybe Tri Cities, WA (-ish)

(Kennewick, WA to Spokane is about 2 1/2 hours)
Old Jul 23rd, 2018, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by nicsoff View Post
Thank you all for your considerable thought and wonderful suggestions! To clarify, we are flying into Spokane, driving to Pullman for the wedding, and then driving to Seattle from there. Yes, the car rental is exhorbitant. Thatís what we get for making plans at the last minute!

Given the minimal time for planning/research, weíve decided to limit this trip to Seattle and Vancouver/Victoria. We actually have about 7 days after the wedding, so Iím trying to decide whether to park ourselves in Seattle the whole time and do day trips, one day excursion to Victoria, etc., or whether we should stay in Seattle for 3-4 days and then stay in Vancouver area for the remaining time. Which I guess doesnít make much sense because we will be flying back from Seattle.

Would welcome thoughts on how to divide our time. Looking to make this itinerary fairly simple, given the lack of time, planning, etc. I donít usually wait for the last minute to plan a trip! Our circumstances changed and we suddenly found ourselves with an opportunity to stay and travel for a week after the wedding. Appreciate all the suggestions!

One more question... Iíve been researching but have found conflicting info on whether a passport is needed to cross the border. My daughter doesnít have one, and I just realized that mine is expired! Before I go park myself at a passport office to expedite the process, Iím wondering if someone might be able to clear this up for me. Neither my husband nor I has an enhanced license.

Thanks!
I agree with NorthwestMale that this has been a confusing thread. I have bolded the things the OP recently shared. We're waiting to find out if she's going to get passports.

But, meanwhile, they've indicated they want to keep their trip simple, and that they want to include Seattle. So I disagree that they need 2-3 stops in Oregon. And since they are flying out of Seattle it would make sense to end there.

Day 1: So Pullman to __________ (Oregon Coast/Vancouver/Victoria/Olympia Forest) This will be a 6-7 hour drive day for most of these?
Sleep at destination. Or, if going to Victoria, perhaps sleep in Anacortes or Port Angeles this night and ferry day 2.
Day 2: Destination 1, sleep there
Day 3: Destination 1, sleep there
Day 4: Transit to Seattle, perhaps see a bit of Seattle, sleep Seattle
Day 5 Seattle
Day 6 Seattle
Day 7 Fly home from SeaTac.
Old Jul 23rd, 2018, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by NorthwestMale View Post
This thread is a total mess... wherein even those who usually seem organized report that Palouse Falls requires a drive East from Pullman.
GMAFB, it was obviously a typo.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

FODOR'S VIDEO