Reload this Page >

Wedding in Key West Florida

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 7th, 2002, 11:46 AM
Catherine

Our daughter has decided to be married in Key West Florida on 12/28/02 at the Hilton on a pier. She has her family staying at the Crown Pointe. She wants us to host a brunch the morning of the 28th. I imagine around 20 people. Help!!! any ideas what might be nice???? My husband and I have never been to Key West. Neither has my daughter - kids*&%- even at 29 years old!Thank you for answering me with any information at all about key west.

Old May 7th, 2002, 11:55 AM
athought

The Keys have such beauty! Why get married at a hotel? How about a beach or on a boat or in one of the state parks?

Old May 7th, 2002, 12:11 PM
john

I have not heard of your hotel choice but the Hilton does a big all you can eat buffet on Sunday. Maybe that could be an option.

Old May 7th, 2002, 12:26 PM
susan

I've never heard of a Crown Pointe in Key West. Do you mean the Crown Plaza La Concha? It's a Holiday Inn on Duval Street. I can come up with LOTS of options for a brunch if you can give us a little better idea about the kind of meal you want. Expensive, moderate, inexpensive? Fancy, plain? There's a website online called The Menu that gives lots of menus from Key West restaurants. It might serve as a good beginning. You can find it at keywest.com/themenu/menus.htm

Old Jun 2nd, 2002, 05:47 AM
lh

I just returned from Key West where I attended a wedding on South Beach. I was beautiful and we all had a great time. You might want to look into South Beach.

Old Jun 2nd, 2002, 07:47 AM
Will

December can be chilly, even in Key West. I would make sure she has the ceremony in the middle of the day as nights often go into the 50's that time of year

Old Jun 2nd, 2002, 12:08 PM
ab

there are lots of posts related to Key West with plenty of information you could use. Do a search for Key West or Keys....Key West sounds like a lovely place to get married and there are many nice restaurants there. I'm sure someone who has been there recently can make recommendations for some places with tropical Keys ambiance....

Old Jun 3rd, 2002, 03:28 AM
roger

The latter part of December can be very windy as well as chilly. I would be sure you have alternate plans in case the weather is not what you had hoped for.