Wedding/Honeymoon

Feb 21st, 2002, 11:25 AM
JP

Wedding/Honeymoon

Hi! We are planning a wedding/honeymoon in mid May or June. Our travel agent directed us to Kauai and after much research I absolutely love the idea! Except for the PRICE. We could afford it but would take almost our live savings for it.
I guess my question is: Is Kauai worth the money? Or would somewhere maybe in California, Florida, South Carolina or somewhere else do the trick? We are looking for romantic NOT CROWDED OR TOURISTY warm beaches and sun. We've been in the upper midwest USA our whole lives and don't know where all the good spots are! Any help and suggestions will be greatly appreciated! Thanks! =)

Feb 21st, 2002, 01:38 PM
d.embody

I havent been to Kauai, but in the U.S. there are great destinations in the states you've mentioned. The upper northern California coast from Point Reyes to Mendocino is very lovely; especially a little town called Elk. Jekyll and St. Simons Islands on the Georgia Coast near Florida are very nice, so is Crescent Beach, which is a little south of St. Augustine. Although Charleston is considered a "touristy" destination, it is charming, graceful, and very romantic. Wherever you go, have a wonderful time.

Feb 21st, 2002, 03:17 PM
thereuare

JP,

I too am planning a honeymoon but for October. The idea of Hawaii just came up and i really haven't begun to do research, but could you please give me an idea as to approximate cost you're seeing? (price per nite or per week is fine)

Thanks!

Feb 21st, 2002, 04:13 PM
thereuare

JP,

I too am planning a honeymoon but for October. The idea of Hawaii just came up and i really haven't begun to do research, but could you please give me an idea as to approximate cost you're seeing? (price per nite or per week is fine)

Thanks!

Feb 21st, 2002, 04:23 PM
kal

JP,
Kauai! That rat hole!? ;^D.

Run a text search on "Kauai" and you'll get most of the info you are requesting.

We went in '89 for our 10th wedding aniv. and have been back 9 times since!

If you go in May/June a H'moon stay on the NoShore may be in order?
Mahalo,
Kal
308 mo' days.