Search

wedding

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13th, 2006, 04:49 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wedding

Can anyone give me advice on a romantic resort I could go to for my destination wedding in 2 years. It will need to allow young children-my nephew will be 3 and my fiance wants to give guests the option to bring their kids if they choose. I guess it would be nice if it was all inclusive to make it easier for my guests. I was hoping for quests to have to pay less than $1500 for 4-5 days including flights. Snorkeling/diving would also be nice. So far the dominican republic is the only other island offering lower prices. Any info would be great so I can attempt to plan and contact a travel agent.

Old Mar 13th, 2006, 07:12 AM

What time of year are you considering and from where would most of your guests be flying?
Old Mar 13th, 2006, 07:44 AM
GoTravel

All inclusive including flights for four or five days for two people or per person?

Per person that would be easy at any of the Palace Resorts. Per couple would be tough.

Old Mar 13th, 2006, 08:33 AM
Original Poster

The plan is to get married March/April 2008. I was hoping for under $1500 per couple. There are some deals now for DR for $699 per person for 5 days flight included. Most other places are way more than that.
Old Mar 13th, 2006, 08:34 AM
Original Poster

oh, pretty much everyone would be flying out of Pittsburgh or Cleveland
Old Mar 14th, 2006, 09:58 AM

I love the Bahamas for relaxation, beauty and snorkeling. Recently there was an excellent post from Blamona and wantsomesun which I have copied below to help you. USAIR vacations often feature very good deals there.
Author: wantsomesun
Date: 03/13/2006, 02:48 pm
Pink Sands, Coral Sands, Dunsmore Beach and Runaway Hill are all right on the beach. Runaway is the smallest with only 10 or 12 rooms.

The Rock House and Romora Bay are both on the Bay Side of the island.

My favorite is Runaway Hill, but you can't go wrong with any of the resorts on island.

Try some of these websites.

www.briland.com
www.rockhousebahamas.com
www.runawayhill.com
www.coralsands.com
www.romorabay.com
www.islandoutpost.com
and
www.myharbourisland.com

Hope this helps.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author: BeachGirl247
Date: 03/13/2006, 10:42 pm
re: Runaway Hill,
Has anyone stayed there in the last year? I talked with them last week and he said Messier spent over $1million on the place. Sounds way off base, if you ask me, but....

Anyone stayed there in the last year? Superb beach location and loved the layout but when I was there in July 2004 it needed a facelift. (did get to meet Mark Messier, though!)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author: wantsomesun
Date: 03/14/2006, 12:33 am
I have not been on island for a couple of years and miss it alot. YOu are right that Runaway had a major facelift and a new cottage or two was built, along with a new desalinization treatment plant just for Runaway at a huge cost right there. There were 10 rooms and I understand that there are now 14 with plans to add a few more on the grounds. If I remember right the grounds there are 10 acres, so a little more building should not be a major problem.

Miss Rica is still the chef, and most of the staff remained the same.

Author: blamona
Date: 03/14/2006, 09:14 am
I've been to:
Harbour Island, Eleuthera, Abacos, and Exumas. I loved them all for different reasons, I definately love them more than Nassau/Paradise Island.

Harbour Island is very chic. Gorgeous beach. (Pink Sands is one of the best in the world) I think the town is the prettiest in the Caribbean. All the houses are clapboard houses with pastel shutters, white picket fences, and beautiful flowers draped over them. It's easy to walk around every where (I think the whole island is about 3 miles long) or you can rent golf carts to get around. It's easy to go back and forth to Eleuthera. (You actually fly into Eleuthera, then take a 20 minute water taxi.) There is a pretty good chance you'll see some type of model shoot on the beach. This is where the "beautiful" people come. HI is probably the most expensive of the 4 I mentioned, but worth every penny.

Eleuthera has unbelievable beaches. It even has a one lane bridge on coral cliffs that has to be seen! One side the waves crash like mad, the other side is smooth and clear as a swimming pool. The last time I saw the bridge, there where schools of dolphins swimming in the calm side. Eleuthera is very long, (at least 90 miles?) and very skinny. (On most of it you can see both sides.) Look into Pineapple Fields, it's pretty new, has AC and TV, and on a beautiful beach. It also has the most popular restaurant on the island. Eleuthera has tons of unbelievable beaches to explore.
You can split both, or you can stay at one and easily visit the other.

Abacos are great sailing grounds. Treasure Cay Beach is a stunner. The problem with Abacos is you can't really stay on a beach and walk to a town. (Marsh Harbour is a great little town to walk around , but doesn't have any gorgeous beaches) HOWEVER, you can go on day sail trips, or rent water taxis to the cays. Elbow Cay is gorgeous, has a town similar to HI, and a neat lighthouse. Man of War Cay you feel like you've stepped back in time. Great Guana Cay is stunning, and has Nippers, a really cool place to hang out, that has pig roasts on Sundays where the whole islands show up.

Exumas are one of my favorites in the world. Look into Club Peace and Plenty, or Club Peace and Plenty Beach. They have free shuttles between the 2, so you have options for dinning, etc. The original one is in town, and is the hub for all activities. They are both on the water, but their beachfronts are just okay, (The views are spectacular!)HOWEVER, the offer free water taxis to Stalking Island, which is unbelievable!!!! They also have a beach bar over there, with the greatest hamburgers and hot dogs and drinks in the world. (Maybe it's the setting?) You can find gorgeous beaches all to yourself. Sundays also have pig roasts (with free water taxis) at the Chat 'N Chill in Stocking Island. Exumas are made up with little cays all over, you've got to get out and see them, STUNNING. You can rent a boat for the day (or 1/2), with a captian who will take you to the gorgeous cays. Moriah Cay is not to be missed! You will have it all to yourself, and it's stunning!!! (Expedia.com use to have a picture of Moriah Cay on their homepage, but no more-it's that stunning.) You should also rent a car and go see Tropic of Cancer Beach. You won't believe you have such a gorgeous stretch all to yourself. (About $70 a day for a car, but once again worth it.) You can also, when you have the car, go check out the Four Seasons, which is gorgeous (but crowded) it's about 1/2 hour away. Close to 4S's is Plum Beach, another stunner, with a great little local restaurant, and tons of sand dollars to look for. The irony is no one from Fours Seasons ever even hears about it.

Old Mar 14th, 2006, 12:06 PM
Original Poster

thank you everyone for your replies. I'll have to look into them.