Reload this Page >

Weather in October in San Francisco?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23rd, 2001, 05:27 AM
Curious

We are going to be in San Francisco, CA mid-October. What is the weather like then and what should I pack. Thanks in advance!

Old Jul 23rd, 2001, 06:10 AM
Joe

San Francisco at anytime of the year can be 80 deg or 50 deg. The key is to have layers of clothes. Of course a 5-day forecast prior to your trip will help more than any info here.

Old Jul 23rd, 2001, 08:21 AM
Sheila

I went last year during the same time period and the weather was beautiful. It was cool so I needed long sleeves most of the time and a jacket at night. It only rained once while we were there.
I researched before I left and October seemed to be a great month to go.

Old Jul 23rd, 2001, 08:38 AM
kam

October is a wonderful month here. Sheila's day of rain was very unusual. Pack lots of layers and a lightweight wool blazer or fleece for night. I would leave raincoats and umbrella behind. If you're going to the wine country, expect it to be much warmer in October.

Old Jul 28th, 2001, 07:44 AM
sioux

You couldn't pick a better month to visit the Bay Area! October is when summer actually arrives!

I have lived there for 20 years, and I always put s sweatshirt or a light jacket in the car even on the warmedt days. October can be quite warm: in the low 80s, and in the 50s at night.

The previous poster is right, too -- expect it to be warmer in the wine country, and busy... all the wineries are preparing for harvest and the "crush," so lots of visitors go then. Make your hotel reservations early.

Old Aug 14th, 2001, 10:48 AM
xxx

I agree that October is the best weather in S.F.! Summers are foggy and cold, but the Fall is usually beautiful. But California rain season can start in October, be prepared for anything.