Reload this Page >

WDW Resorts, which is quieter?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14th, 2000, 07:32 PM
Lindsay

Thinking of either one of these at the very beginning of June. We have no kids and both are mid 30s. Any advice on which is quieter(if this can be!)Thank you.
1)Dixie Landings
2)Port Orleans
3)Caribbean Beach
PS These are in our price range.

Old Mar 15th, 2000, 04:19 AM
annemarie

No matter which WDW property you choose you will be happy. Port Orleans is smaller, very pretty but because it has a dragon(?) slide at the pool, it certainly attracts families. Dixie's theme pool has a slide as well although for any of these properties they also have quiet pool and you could request a room near the quieter pool areas. At Dixie you can get a room across the "river" in their more formal georgian style rooms. The only problem with both of these properties(we stayed here) is their food court. The food is really of low quality, I find. Have you looked into the Coronado Springs? It is in the same price range and only a couple years old. The theme is more subdued but also very nice. The main pool has a slide but we found it to be really quiet and because it has a conference center it caters more to adults. The dining area is more pricey but not that bad, lots of choice, healthy or not. Be sure to get a reusable mug for about 9.00 that you can refill with hot or cold drinks as many times as you want during your stay. You can also rent a frig for 5.00 a day. Does this help?

Old Mar 15th, 2000, 09:47 AM
Gail

Caribbean Beach has six pools. Most children like the main pool with slides. That leaves other quiet pools for adults.

Old Mar 15th, 2000, 11:08 AM
Amy

Hi Lindsay,
I second the motion for Coronado Springs. My husband & I stayed there last year & loved it! It was quiet & very clean with beautiful landscaping. Try to stay in the Casitas, they are closest to everything, except the kiddy-pool! There are adult only pools in the complex as well.
Enjoy!

Old Mar 17th, 2000, 08:42 AM
Paige

We stayed at Dixie Landings in May of 1998. The rooms are very spread out, we were quite a distance from the main pool and never had a problem with noise. I thought the food court was okay, certainly better value than the meal we had in the restaurant at Dixie Landings. The fried chicken was my favorite. I second the suggestion to purchase the re-fillable mug. Dixie Landings also provides boat service to Downtown Disney, which is a good alternative to the busses.