Reload this Page >

WDW lodging expensive! Help!!!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28th, 2002, 05:16 PM
FrontPorchSally

Can anyone help me out with lodging near WDW and as close as possible without paying the high rates??? We will be renting a car. Have stayed in WDW before but dont want to pay their prices anymore. Plus has anything changed in any of the theme parks within the last 5 years besides the addition of Wild Kingdom park???

Old Mar 28th, 2002, 06:03 PM
irisheyes

There are plenty of places close by that are very reasonable - too many to list. Get the Unofficial Guide to Disney World. That will also update you on the newest rides & attractions. There is a great roller coaster at MGM that was not there 5 years ago, several rides in Fantasyland (Buzz Lightyear is fun). I can't remember if Alien Encounter was there 5 years ago or not. Test Track at Epcot, they re-did Imagination. If you have time be sure to go to both Universal Studios parks.

Old Mar 28th, 2002, 09:31 PM
Alan

Hi, FrontPorchSally!

Have a look at this message board: www.orlandotripplanner.com/wwwboard2/index2.html. Contributors to this board share a lot of info on specials that they have found both inside and outside "the world". Maybe you will find what you are looking for, or at least they will point you to the best website.

Old Mar 29th, 2002, 03:57 AM
Gail

Go to www.disboards.com for anything you want to know about booking discount rates, park attractions,etc.

Old Mar 29th, 2002, 05:40 AM
Rachel

Try www.mousesavers.com for info and deals

Old Mar 29th, 2002, 06:06 AM
Laura

Try priceline! I was very wary at first, and lst week was teh first time I tried it for WDW. I cannot believe the low prices.

Make sure you look at www.biddingfortravel.com before you begin... Good luck!

Laura

Old Mar 29th, 2002, 07:40 AM
Gina

A couple of suggestions: get the Orlando Magic Card from the Orlando Visitor's bureau. Tons of discounts on hotels etc. Web site is orlandoinfo.com. Get the entertainment book, discounts off the rack rate including some disney hotels.

Old Mar 29th, 2002, 05:39 PM
Postal

I've also used Priceline for Orlando hotels and got rates that were 75% lower than the internet rates. Go to biddingfortravel.com and check out the rates for Orlando that are coming up.

I also heard that you can stay at the Wyndham Palace (great hotel) next to WDW for as little as $79 per night if you're willing to sit thru their timeshare presentation.

Old Mar 29th, 2002, 06:00 PM
Joy in Virginia

also wdwig.com is unofficial guide site with lots of links, trip reports. www.hotelkingdom.com has special hotel offers, last trip we stayed at Star Island just a few miles away, got rate of $39 per night for listening to time share presentation, plus we got good breakfast, and agents were not pushy at all.

Old Mar 29th, 2002, 08:18 PM
joe

Sheraton Lakeside is a terrific choice, and very reasonable if you have AAA or Entertainment card.

They shuttle you back and forth to the park so you don't have to worry about parking. There's a little lake with paddle boats in the back that kids really enjoy.