WDW Hotels - breakfast costs?

Old Feb 15th, 2000, 04:17 AM
Hannah Willson

WDW Hotels - breakfast costs?

I am thinking of staying in either Port Orleans, Dixie Landings, Caribbean Beach or Coronado Springs. Can anyone tell me how much they charge for breakfast (roughly)(odd question I know but if anyone can help I would be grateful!!)?

Thanks in advance.

Old Feb 15th, 2000, 05:26 AM
ilisa

I have stayed at both Port Orleans and Caribbean Beach, but couldn't tell you what breakfast costs are, since we are not breakfast people. However, I just wanted to tell you that if you stay at Caribbean Beach purchase the refillable mug. It is $8.95, but gets you unlimited refills on beverages at the food court. This makes all the difference in the world since Disney charges about $2.50 for coffee and soda.

Old Feb 15th, 2000, 05:47 AM
BYoung

I stay at the Carribean Beach every other year. There are a number of restaraunts at the complex. They serve cereal to omelets. Breakfast could run from $3-8. If you have other questions, please let me know.

Old Feb 15th, 2000, 07:31 AM
Julie

I find it easy, quick and inexpensive to either bring along or stop at a grocery store for breakfast bars or poptarts -- can eat on the run while making early entry, etc.

I also like to go to the Boardwalk Bakery for a HUGE apple turnover -- these can be a bit pricey, but worth it. We also like the bakery at the Magic Kingdom -- you can split a cinnamin roll -- they're quite large. We do this and then eat a light lunch and have a bigger evening meal. . .

You'll find most all of the food is kind of pricey -- decide when and where you want to splurge.

Old Feb 15th, 2000, 09:41 AM
Julie

I checked Deb Wills unofficial website (wdwig.com) and she has menus from various resorts with prices listed (including breakfasts menus). Look under Dining around the world -- Check it out. The entire site is a great one.

Old Feb 15th, 2000, 06:02 PM
annemarie

Of all of these moderate properties, Coronado springs is the newest and has the best food area. We have stayed at Dixie and Port Orleans and the food court area provides pretty poor quality food. Their sit down restaurants may be better. We also don't like to spend a ton of money on breakfast, so at CS we rented a small frig and purchased some appropriate things for breakfast, bought one or two of those refillable mugs, and topped them off during the day with lemonades, teas, coffees(just not pure juices, pay extra for those) CS has a different system where they have different market type stands to order your food...can be a little pricier, but generous helping and quite good. So...you can get a danish, muffin, bagel, or go to another stand and get a full breakfast. We thought it was worth it.

Old Feb 16th, 2000, 06:19 AM
noname

You're right, Hannah, it is an odd question. Why are you asking? Is that really a key determinant of where you'll stay on vacation? If you spend so much time concerned about this item, what do you do about the important things? I guess I'm just a poor travel planner for not taking this into consideration when I make my plans as to which hotel to select.
Sorry, folks, but this question falls right in with the one about what to wear for brunch in Beverly Hills!
Hey, I just realized, food is at the core of both! What does that mean?

Old Feb 16th, 2000, 06:49 AM
ilisa

Hey, noname, it must be nice to have unlimited funds. It is not an odd question at all. Knowing how much food costs helps people to budget (a concept you are clearly not familiar with) and for many, will determine whether or not they should eat at their resort, or rent a refrigerator and stock up on less expensive items. Incidentally, Hannah, a fridge is about $5.00 per day at Disney.

Old Feb 16th, 2000, 07:59 AM
noname

Well, if money's that tight, you shouldn't go to a resort in the first place! Pick a place that is within your budget so you don't end up counting pennies is my point! What's the point of going on vacation if you've got to watch every penny you spend?

Old Feb 16th, 2000, 09:10 AM
Julie

Go away noname . . . or is it no brain?

Old Feb 16th, 2000, 09:20 AM
noname

Let me explain a few things to Julie, Ilisa and you other skeptics and critics.
1. When I go I vacation, I want to enjoy myself. That means not watching every penny I spend.
2. I stay where I can afford to stay. That usually means at reasonably priced hotels and motels and dare to eat breakfast out!
3. Fortunately, my work requires travel where I pick up frequent flyer miles and hotel points. I use these miles and points wisely for vacations (for example, staying at a Courtyard by Marriott instead of a Marriott Marquis, so the points can be stretched much farther).
4. If I was going to WDW and was on a limited budget, I'd stay at an inexpensive hotel/motel, where I wouldn't have to worry about the cost of breakfast!
Hey ladies, I'm not the one with no brain, believe me!

Old Feb 16th, 2000, 10:38 AM
buyadictionary

So the secret to travel is to do it the way noname does? Bleah. If I only stayed at places where I never had to worry how much anything cost, I'd be at my parents' for every vacation.
That or I'd have to save a lot longer and hence take fewer trips. For those of us who enjoy travel (the seeing and doing part, not the freespending part), that's not an acceptable choice.
Hannah, I hope you have a great time

Old Feb 16th, 2000, 11:14 AM
noname

I'll tell you what, I'll leave all of you alone, so you'll not have to answer me back and can have more time to worry about going on vacations you can't afford!

Old Feb 16th, 2000, 12:19 PM
Amy

Hi Hannah. To get back to your question, I totally agree with Annemarie. Coronado Springs is THE place to stay. Not only is the food area the best out of all hotels you listed, but it is a much better value too! It is really considered a convention resort & the 3 times my husband & I have stayed there we were practically the only people in the pool (adult pool-I might add) & also the only people using the shuttle buses. It was so great after Illuminations at Epcot to walk right onto our bus while all the other bus stops were overflowing with people! Since most people that stay at Coronado are there for business, you get to enjoy your vacation! Especially during the week! If you can, stay in the Casitas. They are closest to the restaurant, food court & bus stop.
The landscaping is also VERY beautiful & there are even boats that you can rent to use on the lake that is in the middle of the complex.
As you can tell, we have enjoyed every one of our stays at the Coronado & if you stay there you will too!
Have Fun!

Old Feb 16th, 2000, 02:37 PM
Jennifer

Hannah,
If you want an awesome breakfast on Disney property for about $10.00, go to the Wilderness Lodge Resort to the Whispering Canyon Cafe. It's an all-you-can-eat breakfast served in a lazy susan in the middle of your table. Also, if you haven't been, the hotel is beautiful! Don't miss the geiser out by the pool!

Old Feb 17th, 2000, 01:11 AM
Hannah Willson

Thanks to everyone for replying (except noname/no brain of course).

The reason I asked this question (not that I should really have to explain myself to you noname) is that we like to have a buffet "all you can eat" breakfast (being English we don't have these at home) and if it is going to cost us $20 to do this every day each at Disney then that, along with the already quite expensive cost of staying at Disney, means that we might stay off-site, as we would not want to have to travel miles from Disney to get a cheap breakfast!

Anyway, thanks to everyone for replying with your helpful comments.

Old Feb 17th, 2000, 01:12 AM
Hannah Willson

P.S. Noname, if you thought it was a really odd question, why did you bother to reply to it at all?

Old Feb 17th, 2000, 04:50 AM
Julie

Hannah -- If you like buffet and are into the Disney experience, you should try a character meal -- they are more pricey (don't know for sure what breakfast runs, but dinners at Chef Mickey are $20 for adults and something like $15 for kids). There are many options for character meals (see Deb Wills site) and are worth doing once. I've even done it as an adult with no kids. The characters walk from table to table and spend time with guests and even pose for pictures. I have not had breakfast - but the dinner I had at Chef Mickey's was quite good (dessert selections were of course the best). Just a thought. I've stayed at Coronado Springs and Port Orleans and liked both of them. Oh, you'll have a wonderful trip!

Old Feb 17th, 2000, 06:51 AM
ilisa

Julie is right about the character breakfasts. While you don't want to do them everyday because they are expensive, no Disney experience is complete without them. My husband and I have done them several times and had a great time. Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary is excellent as is Crystal Palace in the Magic Kingdom with Pooh and Friends.

Old Feb 17th, 2000, 08:14 AM
noname

Hannah, my dear, that's just the reason I responded, i.e., because it was such an odd question. (And, I might add, you yourself called it an odd question, you shouldn't question my use of that phrase!)
By the way, if you really wanted to know about the "all you can eat" breakfasts, why didn't you say that in the first place? (And you all say that I have no brain!)
Okay, folks, back to your attacks!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -