Reload this Page >

WDW Hilton - nice place to stay?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18th, 2002, 05:27 AM
Marie

My husband and I and children ages 6 and 7 are planning on spending 3 nights at the WDW Hilton in March. Is it a nice place? Is the transportation system to and from parks such that we will not need to rent a car?
Also - transportation from the airport to WDW Hilton is running close to $100 rountrip for the four of us. Is there any alternative to Mear's or limo service? Thanks! Marie

Old Jan 18th, 2002, 05:37 AM
Celeste

Renting a car would be cheaper than that for three days. And I hope you're getting a great rate at the Hilton as Priceline has been coming up with rooms there for less than $40 per night!

Old Jan 18th, 2002, 06:00 AM
Celeste

Sorry, I wanted to clarify - it's the Wyndham Hotel there that's been coming up less than $40; the Hilton has been under $75 lately, though.

I am not sure how good transportation within the parks is at the Hilton. You're at the northern edge of Disney property and I'm not sure how often the busses run or if they go right to each hotel there.

Old Jan 18th, 2002, 06:26 AM
Barbara

It is on the edge of WDW, so must depend on Hilton transportation. Within the Disney family of hotels, they have tram service, monorail and even boat service. But even their transport is a bit hit and miss.

I'd rent a car. You avoid transportation costs to and from the airport, parking is free and you can use the car go directly to whenever you want. It also allows you to go off the premises. There are many restarants just outside the Park.

Old Jan 18th, 2002, 06:34 AM
Marie

Barbara-
if we rent a car , is it free/easy to park at the Disney parks?
Thanks,
Marie