Reload this Page >

Washington/Oregon Dog Friendly Cabins/Suites

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2nd, 2001, 02:51 PM
Jayne

Ok - I need to get away for a long weekend..

Does anyone know of any places in Washington/Oregon states that are by the sea either Cabin/Hotel Suites (not too keen on B&B) - I'm looking for privacy, price I don't mind expensive, but would like a cozy place.

A big fireplace would be nice, beautiful view and place that allows a well behaved dog and his dad! He has his own bed/crate/foot bath and dog towels. All we need is a nice place to stay that's not a dive..

Anyone know of any places?

Thanks

Old Oct 2nd, 2001, 03:17 PM
seamus

Try www.traveldog.com but always confirm ahead. Hope you find a good place. The best place I know is Sheep Dung Estates, but it's in California. Too far for you?? Up on the north coast.

Old Oct 2nd, 2001, 03:43 PM
James

Scan through the listings at 10kvacationrentals.com. I do not have a dog, but have found some good getaways using them. Port Townsend, Washington, is one of the best places for a little escape. Invest in some phone calls to see if the owner of a property you like can accomodate you. There is also cyberrentals.com, but I personally have never used them.

Old Oct 2nd, 2001, 05:42 PM
Chica

The Ester Lee Motel
Lincoln City, Oregon
(888) 996-3606

I love this place! Every room has a magnificent view, the beach is right below (nice agate beach), rooms are kitchenettes so you can have your own coffee anytime, dogs welcome, reasonable prices. Great place to stay and drive down Highway 101 to Florence, the views and drive are magnificent. I love it here in the winter also.

North Beach Inn
650 Gibson Rd
Eastsound, WA 98245
360-376-2660
Web Site: www.northbeachinn.com

This is a magical place. Very secluded, dog friendly, private beach looking out onto the Canadian San Juans, on Orcas Island in the Washington San Juans.

Cabins have fireplaces, kitchen, wonderful old beds with heavy down bedding for snuggling down, perfect to get away.

Hope these offer some other options for you. I personally go to these 2 places often and love them.

Old Oct 2nd, 2001, 11:16 PM
Jenny

The Ester Lee is very "rustic". The person asking the question here said he didn't want a dive. Where is the line between very rustic and a dive? Ester Lee is right above a beach but the room are old and furniture etc is very threadbare. And it's in Lincoln City, just about the least attractive town on the Oregon coast. Better to stay a bit further south at Depoe Bay (much more scenic area) and the dog friendly Inn at Arch Rock.

Old Oct 3rd, 2001, 06:41 AM
BTilke

In Port Townsend, the Harborside Inn is a moderately priced, pet friendly motor in (4 floors, as I recall). Ask for a second floor room overlooking the water. We've stayed there with our dog a couple of times and liked it very much. It's modern and comfortable, certainly not a dive, and not a B&B type place. Nice walk along Water Street into the heart of PT. Plenty of parks and beaches in the area, including Sequim, that are great for taking your dog for a run. Rooms have mini-kitchenettes, as I recall. At the Pink Rose cafe, your dog can join you on the side porch tables (not inside, though) while you have coffee (I think the coffee shop a couple doors down from the movie theatre has much better coffee, but the Pink Rose is prettier).
If you decide not to go to the beach but opt for the mountains instead, the Odell Lake Lodge near Willamette Pass, OR, has cabins with fantastic views of the lake and mountains. Cabins have modern baths, kitchens and wood burning stoves. Make sure you get one of the newer cabins; the older ones are very rustic and tend to be used by guys up for fishing or hunting trips.
Have a great trip!
BTilke

Old Oct 12th, 2001, 09:55 PM
SLR

The Hallmark Inn in Cannon Beach is perfect. I think Cannon Beach is the best town along the NW Coastline and the Hallmark Inn is a beautiful oceanfront hotel that allows pets. Have fun!

Old Oct 25th, 2001, 01:24 PM
Ron

The prior post had Cannon Beach right, but the Hallmark has only rooms, not suites. Try the Tolovana Inn in Cannon Beach (about 1/2 mile south). You can get anything from basic rooms to two bedroom, 1200 square foot luxury ocean front condos. Most suite units have gas fireplaces, full kitchens and a murphy bed in addition to the bedroom(s). Price? The Ocean View two B/R suites runs about $200/night off season, but they always have 3 for 2 off-season or mid-week specials or discounts. If you're planning to go in the summer, they are probably already bookd full thru Labor Day.

Once you visit Cannon Beach, you will never want to go anywhere else!!! I've been going there for 20 years and still love it.

Old Jan 2nd, 2002, 01:48 PM
Jayne

Just an Update...

Well, I finally got away.. 28 & 29 December.

Our choice was Cannon Beach in the end! The husband, parents and dog enjoyed the place thoroughly. We stayed at the The Haystack Resort Motel, which is not on the beach, but we did just a great Ocean View (second floor, room 201!).

The motel was totally dog friendly, loads of dogs coming back and forth from the beach.. The beach was great - dogs were off-leash and loving it.. No incidents just dogs with huge smiles on their faces.

We had a one king bedroom suite with full kitchen and hide-away bed + gas fire. All this for $113 a night + $10 for the dog and the 6.6 OR sales tax. Apparently, we got off 40% of the usual price.. They are currently giving away vouchers for 2 nights for the price of one.

It appears that our hotel as well as the Tovanna Inn across the road from us (more expensive and have the ocean front rooms) are placed at the end of the beach and are catering for the dog people! Good move Cannon Beach - you will definately see me next year in the winter.