washington d.c. advice on accomadtion

Jan 14th, 2002, 10:46 AM
kt

washington d.c. advice on accomadtion

has anyone stayed at either the embassy suites hotel or the homewood suites,another option is the summerfield -embassy square.
central laction is important as we are only visiting for two days and want to see as much as possible any advice would be appreicated thanks.

Jan 14th, 2002, 10:52 AM
Gregory

Hi kt,

I have not stayed at either of those two properties but have stayed at the Marriots in Crystal City ( Arlington) and Key Bridge (Rosslyn Metro) both were very good, a couple of minutes walk to the Metro and I was in central DC in 10-15 minutes ( and i was only in Washington DC for 2-3 days from the UK).
Being in Virginia those Key Bridge and Crystal City are subject to a lower rate of state/local taxes ( around 10% in Virginia, 14% in Washington Dc ) and was handy for the Newseum, Iwo Jima Memorial and the Arlington Cemetary ( Key Bridge is handy for Georgetown- just walk across the bridge -10mins or so)
Hope this helps

Jan 14th, 2002, 11:55 AM
zarg

ttt

Jan 15th, 2002, 07:19 AM
Deena

I would recommend the JW Marriott on Penn Ave--I stayed there recently and they had great value packages on the weekend. Since it is right on Penn Ave, it is close to everything...White House to the right, Capitol to the left, theatres, China Town, Smithsonian, etc. Address & Phone:1331 Pennsylvania Avenue, Washington, DC 20004
Phone: 1-202-393-2000

Jan 15th, 2002, 07:37 AM
Joanne

kt,
Since stuff in DC is spread out over several miles, there's no hotel that's close to everything. IMHO, what helps is a hotel that's close to a Metro stop!

Which Embassy Suites do you mean? The one in Alexandria isn't centrally located, bt it is right at the Metro stop, and the one in Crystal City is about two blocks form the nearest Metro (and will even send a shuttle for you).

You can get excellent rates on DC hotels through Capitol Reservations at www.washingtondchotels.com

Search this Thread