Search

washington D.C.

Search this Thread

Old May 21st, 2001, 02:39 PM
Diane

washington D.C.

the law firm that i work for is seding me to D.C. for a week and i am planning to stay a few days longer to see some of the sights. i would really apreciate a list of the best hotels in the D.C. area.
Diane

Old May 22nd, 2001, 05:54 AM
A little help

What is your budget? What kind of hotel do you like (big, small)? What area of town do you like, and what sights would you like to be close to? Do you want to be in the District or the suburbs?

Help us help you.

Old May 22nd, 2001, 01:53 PM
Dia

thanks for your intrest. i need to stay in the district so i can easily go to meetings. my buget is wide open ( ahhh the joys of being a partner!).
thanks
diane

Old May 22nd, 2001, 01:59 PM
L

Try the Willard on Pa. Ave. near the White House. Or the new Ritz Carlton on M Street NW. Or Hay Adams on 16th, just across from the White House. And there are some others, but these are okay for starters. Ciao.

Old May 22nd, 2001, 06:00 PM
Jim Rosenberg

I would suggest the you stay in the DuPont Circle area. A couple of "possibles" would be the Westin Fairfax or the Radisson Barcelo. It's a nice neighborhood to walk with the embassies, etc., plus a very active Connecticut Avenue area to explore -- plenty of restaurants and some shopping, too. For venturing out further, the Dupont Circle metro stop is very convenient. It's just a great place to work from inside the District, IMHO. Happy Trails!

Old May 23rd, 2001, 06:22 AM
Ann

The Jefferson, the Willard, the Four Seasons (in Georgetown, so it may not be as convenient if you're working downtown), Hay Adams.

Old May 23rd, 2001, 07:32 AM
Bart

I smell a troll. I am a lawyer. Over the span of 20 years, I have worked for private firms, a municipality, and a State. Whenever my employer (whether it was a public or private entity) sent me out of town on business, they try to put me at the hotel where the conference is. Or, if it isn't a conference, but other business, the employer tries to put me in a hotel central to where the business will be conducted. You are very lucky if your law firm will let you stay wherever you want with a "wide-open budget."