Warrick Hotel vs Stanhope Park Hyatt

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19th, 2003, 08:30 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Message: We are planning a trip to New York City in mid April and will include our 18 year old son. I read some favorable reviews for the Warwick Hotel, however most of the reviews are quite old. Has anyone stayed at the Warwick recently (past 3-4 months) and if so would you recommend this hotel. Also, I've read some wonderful reviews for the Stanhope Park Hyatt. Could someone make a recommendation. The Warwick is offerring a great deal now for $129 but the Park Hyatt is more pricey. First trip to NYC and are planning to see most of the tourist spots.
Thanks for any help you can give.

Old Mar 19th, 2003, 09:17 AM

My previous response to your question seems to have mysteriously disappeared so I will repost.
I've not stayed at the Warwick but it is well located in midtown for typical sightseeing.
The Stanhope is more elegant (both the hotel & the location)on Fifth Ave & 81 St. (about 30 blocks north of the Warwick) directly across from the Metropolitan Museum & Central Park. If you plan on hitting the art museums (Met, Guggenheim, Whitney, Natural History, Frick) the Stanhope location is ideal. If, however, you're more interested in Broadway shows, Empire State, Soho, Chinatown, SI ferry etc., the Warwick is a better location.
Old Mar 19th, 2003, 06:46 PM
retired_readytogo

My post about the Warwick has also vanished!!!!
So--stayed at Warwick in June with 13 yr.old grand-dau..rooms were nice, service was good.-your price MUCH better.
Location was great---corner of 56th and 6th Ave-.3 blocks from Central Park-3 blocks from
Rockefeller Center Which has NBC studio tours and entrance to subway in basement..
One block over to 7th are lots of buses --we got one that took us all the way to Battery Park to get Ferry to statue of Liberty and Ellis Island.Of couse youcan get a great view of the Statue from the Staten Island Ferry for free.
BEST thing about Warwick was the proximity of a great "full service "Deli.
1 1/2 blocks toward Park on same side of street Opened at 6AM--10 PM.Everything from coffee bar to lots of groceries, fruit,drinks, sandwiches and snacks.I can not remember the name--I even took a picture.I'll try to find it..
Hope you have a great time...

Old Mar 20th, 2003, 07:42 AM

sanidfeat,

May I ask you where you got the $129 rate for the Warwick?

Thanks
Andre
Old Mar 20th, 2003, 11:24 AM
Original Poster

I got the $129.00 rate on Expedia.
Old Mar 20th, 2003, 12:30 PM

Thanks!

Turns out the price for my dates is a little higher than what I got at Express Reservations ($136) - plus I don't have to prepay. Here are 2 other sites with good rates for NY hotels:

www.express-res.com
www.quikbook.com

BTW, I stayed at the Warwick a few years ago and it was fine. I would go for it over the Stanhope on the basis of location alone. Unless all you want to do is check out Museum Mile and Madison Avenue shopping, the Warwick has a far better location.

Thanks again,
Andre
Old Mar 20th, 2003, 07:16 PM

I'll add my vote for the Warwick. Stayed there in Oct. 2002. We were very happy with the room, service and location. If you are a morning coffee drinker, you can request a coffee maker. The Deli is great. Go to VNYL for breakfast one morning.
Old Mar 20th, 2003, 09:43 PM

Warwick has been completely remodeled and has much better location if you are interested in Broadway theater=etc.
GREAT RATE!!!!