Reload this Page >

Warren & Annabelle Show - Maui

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16th, 2002, 02:17 PM
Chalese

Just wondering if this show is worth seeing and if we need tickets in advance?

Old Oct 16th, 2002, 02:27 PM
Peggy

That show was one of the highlights of our Maui trip. Don't miss it. He's fun and very entertaining. We happen to enter the room as one of the first people and were directed to the front row, and were actually part of the show! It was a surprise to us but now that I know, I'd try to be one of the first ones in and get the front row. It's a lot of fun. It sells out every night as far as I know so I'd get tickets prior to arriving.

Old Oct 16th, 2002, 02:49 PM
Patty

Definitely do not miss Warren and Annabelles! We were able to get tickets the night before but this was over a year ago so things may have changed.

Old Oct 16th, 2002, 03:05 PM
Maggie

We tried to see it but it was sold out the 2 nights we were in Maui. I hear it's great though from friends.

Old Oct 16th, 2002, 03:51 PM
sherrie

We enjoyed the show last month. It was GREAT. Very entertaining. We got tickets through the activities desk at our hotel. I noticed that a lot of people got tickets from "island activities" I think. They seemed to get the "choice" seats at the show. By that I mean they were seated in the "hot seats", they were part of the show. Either way, the show was fantastic and was one of the highlights of our trip as well. Well worth the $$. The audience was young and "mature" and I think everyone enjoyed it.

Old Oct 16th, 2002, 05:34 PM
Maggi

I'm going to play devil's advocate here, but I didn't think it was worth the time or money. First of all, it's just one guy interacting with the audience. Not much "magic", with some standard stand-up comedy. A lot of the jokes are at the guest's expense and not very kind. I'd rather have been sitting on a moon-lit beach. I didn't hate it, but wouldn't necessarily recommend it unless it was raining outside and nothing was on TV.

Old Oct 16th, 2002, 06:47 PM
Patty

I normally do not like magic shows and was even initially hesitant to go see the show but it turned out to be great! Actually, we loved it for the very reasons that Maggi disliked it. It's an intimate setting with just one guy doing slight of hand tricks, no smoke and mirrors, and no sawing the woman in half type of stuff. I think everyone in the audience was laughing with him and no one (especially the audience members sitting in the front row who were active participants) seemed to take offense to his humor. My husband was even part of the act. It's half magic/half comedy act. If you're expecting to see a 'David Copperfield' type of show (which I find boring), this is not it. We went to the late show and stayed afterwards to talk with Warren. You can tell he genuinely loves what he does and his enthusiasm really comes through.

Old Oct 17th, 2002, 03:14 AM
bbb

I can't understand why anyone would go all the way to Maui and then spend valuable time going to a magic show when there are so many incredible other things to see and do.

Old Oct 17th, 2002, 03:53 AM
bob

We loved the show. One of the nice things about it is the small theater, it gives the audience a sense of intimacy with the magician. I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Old Oct 18th, 2002, 09:04 AM
Jackie

We loved it. It is very funny. My husband was not looking forward to it and went just to humor me but he laughed for 2 hours. The only part we could have done without is the "ghost" playing the piano at the beginning. It's just a gimmick to sell drinks and snacks. We reserved our tickets through Island Activities a few days ahead. They are advertised in all the pamphlets you will pick up. We were seated in the front row. We will definitely do it again on our next trip.