Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Want to get married on a beach.....Where should I go?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4th, 2002, 06:29 AM
The Bride-to-be

My fiance and I are thinking of going somewhere to get married on a beach the week after Easter 2003. We are coming from the Midwest so the Carribean would be the easiest. Don't really want to deal with the long flight to Hawaii from here because I have a bad back. Also, we'll be taking my kids (8 & 10) and inviting our parents along so a family-friendly resort would work out nicely. I would appreciate you suggestions and why.

Old Oct 4th, 2002, 06:37 AM
lisa

If you are thinking about the Caribbean, try fodors carribean board. Lots of advice there.

Old Oct 4th, 2002, 06:40 AM
Katherine

Go to Florida. Perhaps Sanibel or Captiva Island.

Old Oct 4th, 2002, 08:37 AM
Bride-to-be

Thanks for the suggestion to those helpful posters. As for you, Ivanna, if you must "no" we lost my children's father in an accident when they were babies. I am now getting remarried and want to include my kids and our parents, especially as it is my fiances first marriage and the only child's mariage for his parents. So next time bite you tongue or post a helpful reply. Thanks.

Old Oct 4th, 2002, 08:55 AM
kathy

It's "know" not "no"

Other than that, Captiva or Sanibel are very nice.

Old Oct 4th, 2002, 08:56 AM
GEESH

As many re-marriages as there are after divorce in this day and age Ivanna, many of them involving children, that was an incredibly stupid comment. Now, as it turns out, not only was it stupid, but boorish as well. Congratulations on your "Jerk of the Month" nomination.

Old Oct 4th, 2002, 09:09 AM
Stephanie P.

Is it possible to move your wedding up to May or June? If so, my suggestion would be Cape May, NJ. It's a picturesque beach town with lots of Victorian homes in the area which would lead to many great pictures.

Old Oct 4th, 2002, 09:42 AM
Bride-to-be

I will be on the east coast in June so I will put Cape May on my list of possible locations. Thanks.

Old Oct 4th, 2002, 09:52 AM
Whois?

Who is "Ivana?" I must have lost something somewhere, anyhow if you can move that wedding up 1 or 2 months, I think you will have nicer weather. Considering cost, Florida would be ideal. The cost would drop in May also. Captiva and Sanibel are popular places to be married. For the Caribbean, there are so many. Bermuda, or one of the USVI would be lovely, or Puerto Rico. Congratulations on your wedding.

Old Oct 4th, 2002, 10:31 AM

"Ivanna No" posted a crude remark and now it is gone. Someone is watching us.

Old Oct 4th, 2002, 10:31 AM
x

They deleted the post from Ivana which surprised me because it wasn't vulgar, just stupid. Go figure.

We've been to Seaside, Florida, a little planned beach community, several times in May and June and I've seen several weddings on the beach. I always thought it looked very romantic. If I were planning a wedding, I'd be looking at Peter Island, which is the British Virgin Islands (I think, don't quote me on that). It looks so gorgeous. Check out their website. They've got some great wedding pics there. I have no idea if they allow children though. I think they allow 8 and up.

Old Oct 4th, 2002, 10:39 AM
Frank

I don't know why Ivana's comment was deleted. I thought it was spot on.

Frank

Old Oct 4th, 2002, 10:49 AM
Ivanna

What did Ivanna say?

Old Oct 4th, 2002, 10:50 AM
alexis

I went to a wedding at the radisson Cable Beach in Nassau, Bahamas. It was very nice and family friendly. The married couple then went off to another Bahama island for the honeymoon from there.

Outer Banks in NC would also be nice. I am not sure how warm it would be by then, but you can rent a huge beachfront house there for so cheap.

Old Oct 4th, 2002, 10:51 AM
x

Oh she said something about how if the the bride already had kids she didn't need to be having a beach wedding 'cause the horse was already out of the barn, or some sort of frontier logic like that. Except the Bride in question is a widow for pete's sake and it made Ivana look like a jerk. But she wasn't vulgar so I was surprised Fodors deleted it.