Search

Walla Walla WA

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24th, 2019, 05:34 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Walla Walla WA

Will be spending 3 days in Walla Walla in September. Would appreciate suggestions on your favorite wineries to visit in the area. We prefer actually visiting the winery rather than a tasting room, but can do both.

Besides wineries, any suggestions for other activities such as walking/hiking/natural areas? Any can't miss local cafes/coffee spots?
Old Jun 24th, 2019, 06:03 PM

Walla Walla roastery is the best coffee in town.

Walla Walla bread company has...well, good everything, but it’s primarily my favorite lunch spot. Also, DON’T MISS THEIR HOMEMADE OREOS. Sooooo dangerous. Unless you’re the barbaric sort of chocolate hater that snubs Oreos.

Bacon and eggs is good for breakfast. I like their spicy margarita, mostly, but their breakfasts are on the lighter, tasty side.

Passatempo and Saffron are about tied for dinner for me. Whitehouse Crawford in at a close second place, because their bartenders usually make decent cocktails. But it’s definitely on the more expensive side and while it is super popular, I can’t lie, I’ve had hit and miss meals there. When it’s good, it’s really good. When it’s off, it’s disappointing.

If you’re there at the beginning of the month, the first Monday is food truck night.

if you’re a fan of the old style drive in movie theater, M-F drive in is not to be missed.

Iceburg—debatably the best burger in the area. Old style drive through. Hard to tell how much is food quality and how much is nostalgia, but the food is pretty good.

there’s a great, new public pool which you might enjoy if you’re here during a heat wave.

plum cellars downtown has great wine slushees during the summer.

https://phtww.com/shows/
(variety of live shows and screenings. Great venue)

Hm...if you’re into yarn or quilting, both great indie shops downtown.

I am by no means a wine snob—usually I work my way through whitehouse Crawford’s red list—but I like the Charles Smith tasting room, and one of the wineries I frequent is l’ecole. One of my parents went to school in the historic schoolhouse that is the tasting room. My favorite brewery is Burwood, which is near the roastery. But there are probably better options—my favorite treat in the summer is a burwood root beer float.

The chicken wing place on main is good if you get a craving for spicy.

I’m primarily a biker. I’d recommend renting bikes and exploring. A lot of people go out to Mill creek to walk. For hiking you usually need to drive a ways.

I think I’ve done all of the following although it’s been years, except for Bennington.
https://cameoheightsmansion.com/blog...alla-walla-wa/

Let me know if you have any more questions...
Old Jun 24th, 2019, 09:44 PM

If you can find time, go to Tri-Cities from Walla Walla. It is close by and is an easy drive. There are several really nice wineries. Several of them also have good restaurants with nice selection of food.

The most popular ones are Barnard Griffin, Bookwalter Winery, Tagaris, all in Richland. We also love Terra Blanca in Benton City.

Do try to visit them. I think you will really enjoy their wines, the staff, the food and special events that happen on weekends from time to time.
Have fun planning.