Wailea Maui hotel/condo advice please

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6th, 2018, 08:19 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We’re planning a week trip to Maui in mid-January. I think that the Wailea area might be best as it looks like good hiking and gardens. We’re not wealthy so a 5 Star isn’t possible lol. We’d really like to stay under $400 per night, less is better! An ocean view would be high on our priority list. I welcome your suggestions!
Old Aug 6th, 2018, 09:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My DH and I spend Jan. - Mar. at Maui Kamaole in South Kihei,, should you find the Wailea condos over-budget. Palms of Wailea is another less expensive option than the properties that front the ocean. I like Wailea Elau and Ekahi. These are low-rise, low-density properties that flank the Hyatt Andaz along the Wailea beach path. Both of these run from the beach pretty far back -- and uphill -- towards the road. They are not 'new', so choose carefully for location, view and recent refurbishment. Few hotels will meet your budge requirements once the daily resort and parking fees and taxes are totaled.
Old Aug 6th, 2018, 11:59 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Slightly different location but ocean view comes in right at your budget in January. My family stayed here for a reunion trip, so I saw 5 different units (some ocean view, some slightly cheaper mountain view)
https://www.lahainashores.com/