Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Wailea Hotel advice...Outrigger or Renaissance???

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30th, 2001, 06:14 PM
Deb

We're getting a great Entertainment rate for ocean view rooms at both Outrigger Wailea and Renaissance Wailea. We need your help please in deciding which to choose. Does anyone have any info about the quality of the rooms (decor, size, bathrooms, etc.)? Your detailed descriptions are greatly appreciated! Mahalo.

Old Aug 30th, 2001, 07:15 PM
Anna

Deb,
What are the rate differences between the two?

We stayed at the Renaisaance in February 2001, the room was decorated very nicely in off white. It had a king size bed, a sitting area with a love seat and coffee table. We also had a large lanai with a table, chaise lounge, and chair. The bathroom was pretty big too with products from Bath and Body Works. We walked by the Outrigger and it didn't look as nice as the Renaissance, but I didn't see the interior of the rooms there.

Old Aug 31st, 2001, 04:54 AM
Deb

Aloha Anna,

Thx for the info! The rate difference between the 2 hotels is only $10 per night. Seems like the Renaissance is the way to go.

Old Aug 31st, 2001, 03:04 PM
Barb

I've stayed at both...now stay at Grand Champions condos... but much preferred the atmosphere at the Outrigger to that of the Renaissance. Romes are comparable.

Old Aug 31st, 2001, 03:12 PM
Terry

Oh my...there is no comparison. The Renaissance is much nicer than the Outrigger. The Renaissance is nicely decorated--tastefully decorated Hawaian theme rooms done in neutral colors, large size bathrooms with robes available, the actual room is quite large, each with a good-sized lanai overlooking the beautiful grounds on the property. The main restaurant in the hotel is delicious--don't miss the breakfast!! Unfortunately, the Outrigger needs some major updating, it looks like it has not been remodeled since the 70's. We visted Maui for our first time on our honeymoon and were so relieved that we picked the Renaissance. Hope this is helpful.
Terry