Reload this Page >

Volcano Village for 5 nights?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2nd, 2001, 02:40 PM
Charli

I am planning a trip to BI and was thinking of staying near the volcano park for the entire time. Am I crazy? We will have just spent a week on Kauai so I thought it would be nice to see something different. What do you think? Or should I split it up between Waimea or Kona. Thanks!

Old Oct 2nd, 2001, 03:00 PM
Celeste

Personally I think two nights are more than enough. Kona is lovely, and Hilo is nice as well.

Old Oct 2nd, 2001, 03:09 PM
Nan

Unless you are a scientist I would stay only 1 or 2 nights. If you want someplace different, try staying on the Hilo side of the island. There are some nice places to rent for a week.

Old Oct 2nd, 2001, 05:38 PM
M Nielsen

There is alot to see in Volcanoes Natl Park, however the surrounding town of Volcano Village has almost nothing to do. There is a winery nearby that makes wine out of something - not grapes - I am sorry can't remember what it is. I didn'y check it out but it could be a side trip. But I have to say that after two days of hiking in VNP my old legs were pretty tired and ready for some relaxing on the beach.

Old Oct 3rd, 2001, 02:44 PM
Charlotte

Thanks for the quick replies. This helps alot. Does anyone know about the areas called Kapoho and Wood Valley and Pahoa? I found a website that are homes that are leased by the owners. Anyone have bad experience?

Thanks!