Reload this Page >

Visiting San Fransisco with 2 teenagers

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9th, 2000, 07:05 AM
Carole

We will be visiting San Fransisco in March with 2 teenage daughters. Any suggestions on best sights to see in 5 days? And best place to stay?

Old Dec 9th, 2000, 10:49 AM

I'm sure two teenage daughters would love to shop in the Union Square area...so many stores, so little time. Pier 39, a ride on a cable car, lunch in Chinatown. There's also the newly opened Sony entertainment area. Maybe a ferry ride over to Sausalito?

Old Dec 10th, 2000, 06:07 AM
missy

I would suggest that you take a trip to Alcatraz. To me it is a must see when going to San Fransisco. Twilight trips are nice. It gets very cold out there though, so dress warmly!

Old Dec 10th, 2000, 09:32 AM

Make sure that you make an advance reservation for Alcatraz...it usually sells out.

Old Dec 10th, 2000, 09:46 AM
cherie

My teenage daughter's favorite thing to do in SF is to head over to Chinatown and shop for pearls.....Kearny Street has one after another and I think we've bought strands from all of them! So many styles and colors and types....so little time.

Old Dec 14th, 2000, 12:39 AM
kevin

if you are adventurous, rent a boat which takes you to shark infested waters, dumps you in a shark cage to view the beasts close up. an experience of a lifetime