Reload this Page >

Venetian Las Vegas: Review 11/02

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29th, 2002, 09:35 PM
Gary

I stayed at the Venetian for the first time this week. I've stayed at all the other top LV hotels (Bellagio numerous times, Four Seasons, Mirage, Mandalay Bay, etc) and this is my take on Venetian.

First the negatives:
1) Water pressure in the shower was poorer than any hotel I can remember staying in, including economy class hotels (high rise hotels have varying water pressures from one floor to the next, and there are pressure pumps which raise the pressure every 8-10 floors or so. We were on 29th floor, so matbe this is just a bad floor).

2) The shower had black mildew in all the grout on the floor, which I hate.

3) Lots of stains on carpet/furniture, and black marks on most of the walls/doors. Several frayed edges on couch corners etc. Just gave the room a cheap, worn look and feel.

4) Mattress was very mediocre quality. Like I'd expect in, say, a Radisson or airport Hilton.

5) Sheets were pretty cheap quality.

6) Pillows were the WORST!! I mean $2.00 quality all foam postage stamp size pillows. All the same style and size.

7) The furniture was decent but not expensive. More on a par with that at Paris and Mirage than Bellagio.

8) Carpet was pretty worn and dirty looking. Definitely will need replacing soon.

9) No turn down service.

10) Really substandard housekeeping. Shreds of paper and junk on the floor, and long hairs in the sink, when we checked in. No one cleaned the paper from the floor the whole 3 days we were there! Which means no one vacuumed. Unacceptable.

The positives:
1) Largest standard size rooms in LV at 650 sq ft.

2) Nice marble bathrooms with separate tub and shower. Separate small WC room.

3) 2 full size TV's in room, full size sofa, 2 lounge chairs, table and 3 standard chairs around table, all located in 'living area' (the 'sunken living room' which is a foot below the 'bedroom').

4) Convenient access to the shops and food in the hotel retail area.

5) Pretty good location on the strip, across from Mirage and Treasure Island, only a block from Fashion Show Mall.

My overall take on Venetian: what a DISAPPOINTMENT. We got a great deal on our room. If I'd paid rack rates I'd have been furious. Not worth it.
Bad, dirty shower, bad bed, dirty room and bad housekeeping.

Bellagio and Four Seasons will retain my business in the future.

Old Nov 30th, 2002, 05:46 AM
Sarah

Sorry to hear that you were disappointed in the Venetian. We've stayed there 3 times and I can't recall poor water pressure, mildew in the shower or poor housekeeping, etc. That is pretty disgusting. Maybe you just got unlucky with a BAD housekeeper?? We've always been very pleased in all respects. Thanks for the review!

Old Nov 30th, 2002, 06:21 AM
xxx

We visited the Venetian when it was first opening. They had a sort of "open house" and we looked at rooms and suites. Obviously it was all new and clean then, but I couldn't help but notice how "cheap" all the decor and furnishings were. Yes the rooms were big, but very cheaply done. I appreciate nice furnishings and fabrics, which were not apparent in the Venetian. Now it is horrible to know that their housekeeping may be lacking as well. But I find the whole tacky and plastic reproduction mall of Venice to be a turnoff anyway.

Old Nov 30th, 2002, 06:22 AM
x

Here is a good site with room descriptions. You should enter your review.
http://www.hwth.com/LASVEGAS/hotel_r...scriptions.htm

Old Nov 30th, 2002, 04:54 PM
ann

appreciate the review. this isn't the 1st time I've read of mold in the hotel. I think if ever i go there, I'll try for the Bellagio...
I wonder if a lot of people are just so taken by the size of the Venetians rooms that they overlook the details...

Old Nov 30th, 2002, 04:57 PM
Your

I TOLD you to go to the Bellagio , but Noooo , you wouldn't listen to me!

Old Nov 30th, 2002, 05:02 PM
Ron

Glad to read your review. We have never been to Vegas and plan to go this spring and had it narrowed to the Venetian or the Luxor. Can anyone shed any light on the Luxor and is the location good?
Thanks.

Old Nov 30th, 2002, 05:14 PM
Josh

Venetian versus Luxor??

What a strange pair to consider.
One is very expensive and the other one of the cheapest on the strip.
Why these two?
You'll rarely find Bellagio to be significantly more $$$ than Venetian. That would be the best choice of all.
The best rooms at Luxor are in the towers adjacent to the pyramid, and since they're not in the pyramid, they're not a lot different than hotel rooms in any other city in the country.
The pools at both are OK but nothing special.
Luxor's location is worse.