Vegas trip 1 day rental car question

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13th, 2004, 11:57 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am taking my parents to Vegas for a trip from 11/21 to 11/24. I plan to get a rental car on the last day to go to Hoover Dam and Red Rock Canyon, and to drive ourselves to the airport to catch the flight back. What's the best way to get a 1 day rental car? Hotels usually have a rental car booth, but are they expensive compared to airport pickup? I looked up expedia and the airport pickup is about $30/day including taxes and fees. Also, if we get a car from the hotel, can we drop it off at the airport? Thank you in advance.
Old Oct 13th, 2004, 12:12 PM
E

I hope someone here can answer these questions for you, but I think you'd be better off calling the car rental company that has a desk at the hotel you're staying in. At least that's where I'd start...good luck!
Old Oct 13th, 2004, 05:12 PM

What hotel are you staying at? Chances are there is probably a dollar or budget desk there or at the hotel nextdoor. Reserving in advance secures a better price, and usually you can return to the airport at no extra charge.
Old Oct 14th, 2004, 04:38 AM

There is a rental car desk in the Treasure Island hotel. The desk is located very convenient to their parking garage. I'm not certain which company (might be Dollar, but I'm not positive), but if you call the Treasure Island hotel, I'm sure they will tell you. I would arrange the car ahead of time rather than walking up to the counter. It will be cheaper if you make a reservation.

Old Oct 18th, 2004, 01:09 PM
Original Poster

Thanks to all that answered my questions. We are staying at Bellagio so I called to be transfered to the Dollar rental car office at the hotel. They gave me a quote of $49.99 for the compact car, not including taxes or fees. I then went to Dollar.com and browsed under Location tab and actually found Bellagio hotel. The price there is only $27.99! Even with fees the total is $33, probably not much higher than a cab ride. There is no extra charge for dropping off the car at the airport. Hope this info will help some fellow travelers!
Old Oct 19th, 2004, 10:57 AM
E

Hey amyx, thanks so much for posting that info! So often no one knows the final answer to these questions, so I appreciate that you took the time to post.