Search

Vegas Shows

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27th, 2001, 12:34 PM
Dave

Vegas Shows

Going to Vegas in September for 2 nights. I'm staying at the Bellagio and would like to catch a show somewhere. However, I am there on Wed. and Thur. and both "O" and the Siegfried and Roy show are dark on those nights. I don't really know Vegas that well, so are there any other suggestions to some good shows that are showing on Wednesdays or Thursdays?

Old Jun 27th, 2001, 12:47 PM
Jane

Dave-
Mystere is incredible and in many ways, I preferred it to O. The theater is much more intimate and I don't think there is a bad seat in the house.

Also, I really enjoyed the Danny Gans Show. I wasn't sure what to expect but he is a great impersonator and very funny. It's amazing the range of voices he can do.

Although I haven't seen it, I've also heard great things about Blue Man Group.

Hope this helps!

Old Jun 27th, 2001, 12:50 PM
Dave

Jane-

Thanks for the help. At what hotel is Mystere showing at? I saw the Blue Man Group in Chicago, pretty good, but I'm not sure if I can handle them again.

Old Jun 27th, 2001, 12:55 PM
Jane

Dave-
Mystere plays at Treasure Island. Try this link-
http://www.cirquedusoleil.com/en/piste/mystere.html

I've been twice so if you have any other questions, let me know.

Old Jun 27th, 2001, 12:56 PM
Gerry

Dave:
Mystere is at Treasure Island. It is the original show. O is a copy.

Old Jun 27th, 2001, 01:06 PM
Frank

Dave: Great choice of hotel. The Bellagio is one of the best in the country and surely tops in Vegas.

Old Jun 27th, 2001, 05:51 PM
GG

Come on, Gerry, you can't be serious!

"O" is a copy of what?

"O" was designed especially for the Bellagio because of the water them (Lake Como in front of the hotel) and the theater for "O" was designed specially for the show. It's the only show in the world of its type.

Old Jun 27th, 2001, 06:25 PM
Gerry

All right. You are absolutely right.
What I meant was that Mystere is the original Cirque Du Soleil production that ran for years at the Mirage before the Bellagio opened. It has been so successful that when Steve Wynn opened the Bellagio he got Cirque Du Soleil to come up with a new show for that hotel.
Same people, different show.
Do I have to spell out everything?

Gerry

Old Jun 27th, 2001, 07:38 PM
GG

I see what you were trying to say.
My point is that for someone who has never seen a Cirque du Soleil show, the "copy" comment might suggest it was a knock off of something else and maybe less worthwhile or not worth the $$.
Being so unique from a physical standpoint, "O" is the most 'unusual' of the many Cirque shows.
I enjoyed Mystere nearly as much as "O", but they're only distant cousins.

Old Jun 27th, 2001, 08:01 PM
Gerry

CC:
Dave expressed dissappointment that he couldn't see "O". Mystere is the closest thing to it so I thought it a good recommedation. Prior to the opening of "O", Mystere was for years the most popular show in Las Vegas. Some people go to see it over and over. Still it is almost always sold out. It is best to make reservations way ahead of time. Having said that there are always seats held back for high rollers etc. When in Las Vegas last month and staying at the Treasure Island,the ticket office, hotel web-site and agencies insisted that there were no seats available. But, then not even knowing of our re

Old Jun 27th, 2001, 08:11 PM
Gerry

CC:
Dave expressed dissappointment that he couldn't see "O". Mystere is the closest thing to it so I thought it a good recommedation. Prior to the opening of "O", Mystere was for years the most popular show in Las Vegas. Some people go to see it over and over. Still it is almost always sold out. It is best to make reservations way ahead of time. Having said that there are always seats held back for high rollers etc. When in Las Vegas last month and staying at the Treasure Island,the ticket office, hotel web-site and agencies insisted that there were no seats available. But, then not even knowing of our request or interest, the hotel came to our room and asked us if we wanted tickets! We are definately not high rollers. It's still a mystery (no pun intended) to me.

Gerry

Sorry about the double posting but my message suddenly went in the middle of my typing. Hmm.

Old Jul 2nd, 2001, 08:14 AM
Kelly

I saw "O". It was fantastic as well as Danny Gans. He is great and very wholesome. I did have the chance to catch Wayne Newton. We got the tickets the day of the show and I sat on the stage. His tickets are under 50 and totally worth it. I am 31 yrs old and Wayne Rules. What a great show.

Old Jul 2nd, 2001, 09:49 AM
Clark

Just watch out for that 'ol rascal, Wayne. He came out into the audience to serenade my wife during a show and the next thing you know, they're off in the corner making eyes at each other.
Between that and my cousin coming into town and embarrassing us all to death, the whole trip was a bust.