Vegas - Celine or Cirque Show?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9th, 2007, 05:45 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We will be spending a real short 2 nights in Las Vegas and will have time for only one show. I either want to see Celine or one of the Cirque shows, which the only one I knew about was "O" prior to catching up on the newest attractions and actually is the one I am considering.
Opinions? I like Celine Dion, my husband could take it or leave it, but the decision is up to me........ If you could see just one, which one would it be??
Old Apr 9th, 2007, 06:23 PM

Frankly, "Mystere."
Old Apr 9th, 2007, 06:38 PM

Mystere. Period. Seen them all. .you will NOT regret Mystere. Spend the money. Can't go wrong. Enjoy!
Old Apr 10th, 2007, 01:40 PM
Original Poster

Does the seating matter for this Mystere? Money isn't a factor, however, just asking if it matters for the show to be seated closer or middle, etc.
Thanks.
Old Apr 10th, 2007, 06:23 PM

any seat will be great. it is a fairly small theater. you don't want anything too close to the front row for a cirque show. you will miss stuff. enjoy. you will love it. that theater is one of the smaller ones so all seats are good.
Old Apr 10th, 2007, 06:26 PM

I saw O center stage, two rows back ... incredible ... I think I sat with my jaw dropped the entire show. It was wonderful to see the makeup and costumes close-up. But I think it would be fun to see it again, but from further back to get the full effect of the movement of the performers.

I'm a Cirque du soleil junkie ... Mystere was fun, a lot like La Nouba in Florida.

Ka was probably the most different from the other Cirque shows ... I have described it as an Asian Mad Max ... I'd love a backstage tour of this one ... the stage is huge. It was well worth the $150 (I think that's about right) for close-up ticket.

My husband and I saw Zumanity this last spring ... fun, but probably my least favorite show ... not because of the adult content ... it just didn't succeed in wowing me like all the other shows have.

If I had to pick one show (which apparently I can't) ... it would be O or Ka.
Old Apr 10th, 2007, 06:57 PM

If I could see just one, which would it be? I haven't seen either of the shows you mention but still it is an EASY question: I would see the show that is not Celine Dion.

Unless you really would love to see Celine the you might give DH a break and see something that both of you can enjoy. I haven't seen Mystere or O, but loved LOVE and thought Le Reve was great, Ka not so much.
Old Apr 11th, 2007, 03:28 AM

I've seen them all (some more than once) and my first choice would be Mystere, followed by a tie between "O" and LOVE. I've seen Mystere three times and "O" and LOVE twice.

Old Apr 11th, 2007, 07:52 PM

Mystere annually wins the locals award for best Strip show. Tickets run about $90 (compared to $150 for Ka, LOVE, and O). All seats are good. Best seats are center, 8-10 rows back.

Le Reve is not a Cirque show.
Old Apr 12th, 2007, 05:14 AM

You can't go wrong with either. I did not even care to see Celine, but couldn't get an O ticket, so I stood in line for standby to Celine and got in. It was an amazing show. It is not just a concert, but one of artestry and special effects. It's really quite a beautiful show even if you are not a Celine fan. Ka was a fun show and great to see too. You really can't go wrong. I guess my only question is which shows are still going to be running when you return to Vegas next time???