Search

Vail/Beaver Creek

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6th, 2002, 03:08 PM
Rhys

Vail/Beaver Creek

Staying in Avon for 9 days end March/beginning of April. Need some good dining ideas, will do one really nice dinner, balance will be burgers and nachos after skiing. Any good ideas???

Old Mar 6th, 2002, 06:17 PM

ttt

Old Mar 6th, 2002, 07:38 PM
coskier

SWEET BASILS!!!!!

Old Mar 7th, 2002, 08:01 AM
bly

Rhys: What type of food are you looking at? Sweet Basil's in Vail Village is always wonderful for contemporary American, as is Larkspur. The Villager has great game food, Chaps at the Cascade has unbelievable steaks. Ti Amo's in Eagle-Vail and Tra Monti in BC have great Italian. Fiesta's for Mexican. The Coyote in BC and Red Lion in Vail are fun for apres - burgers & nachos. As I live in the area, post any additional questions, and I'll get back to you. b

Old Mar 7th, 2002, 08:20 AM
David

Agree with bly and coskier's recommendation for Sweet Basil's. Also with bly's recs for Tra Monti. Here's a few other of my pics:
1. Left Bank in Vail--Superb French served along the Gore Creek for 30 plus years (I believe the head-chef and owner,Luc,died of cancer a couple of years ago. However, I think his son and wife are still running the show. Can anyone confirm this? bly?
2. Grouse Mountain Inn (in Beaver Creek) Great contemporary American featuring excellent game dishes
3. Timberhearth Inn (in Cordillera--just west of Avon) Great food in a lodge atmosphere
4. This next one is definitely a casual place and, unfortunately,I can't even come up with the name. I'm hoping that someone will read my description of it and supply the name for you. All I remember is that it's right off of the road that leads from Avon to Cordillera, is a great locals place with lots of animal heads on the walls and features an "all you can eat" quail night on either Monday or Tuesday for around twelve bucks. Can any of you locals help with this one?

Good luck and have a great trip!

David

Old Mar 7th, 2002, 09:36 AM
Paige

For a nice dinner maybe Lancelot's in Vail. You'll eat cheaper in Avon, Eagle-Vail and Edwards. Eagle-Vail cafe is great for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Cassidy's Hole in the Wall in Avon for burgers, etc. Red Lion in Vail is good for apres ski and the nacho/burger fare. Lots of people like the Minturn Country Club (it's just a restaurant, not a country club). You select your meat from the butcher case and grill it yourself. Comes with salad bar. It's not cheap and I prefer to be waited on but some people like this and the food is good. There is another restaurant in Minturn that has good Mexican as well as a Mexican restaurant in Edwards in a strip center across the street from the Cinema. Sorry I can't recall the name of either Mexican. Some of our friends ate at Tia Amo and said it was really good.