Vacaville outlet restaurant?

Mar 21st, 2007, 06:57 AM
Original Poster

Vacaville outlet restaurant?

There is a restaurant near the outlets (same side of the freeway) that I went to last year and for the life of me can't remember the name of... some kind of cutesy name like "Mom's Home Cooking" or something. Great place for breakfast... anyone know the name of it? OR another place near there for breakfast???? THANKS!
Mar 21st, 2007, 09:30 AM

Hi cheezz, there is not a restaurant by that name.

Can you describe the building or what other businesses are near this restaurant?

The Black Oak Restaurant is right next to the Outlets. Not to many people in town go there but lots of travellers along I-80 stop at The Black Oak for breakfast or lunch.
Mar 22nd, 2007, 08:24 AM
Original Poster

Black Oak has gone downhill, unfortunately, but I remember it being real close to the outlets (within 2 miles), and on the same side of the freeway. It was cute and homey inside but darn if I can remember the decor. Charming, like Mimi's, is how I remember it, and you expect the waitresses to look like 'mom'
I know the Omelette Parlour is there, too, and maybe that is what I am remembering... getting old is sure a pain!!!
Mar 22nd, 2007, 09:37 AM

Hi cheezz, is there any chance you are referring to Creekside Cafe. It was in a shopping center anchored by Raley's Supermarket. Curtains on the windows, various cloth placemats on the tables. All the waitresses were older, rather the 1950 type of waitress. It was about two miles from the outlets going down Nut Tree Rd. going south.

If so, or even if not, Creekside closed down. But the owners opened up Creekside Grill & Bar in the former FireFall Restaurant. It is located at 555 Main St. on the other side of the freeway. It is very easy to get to. Nut Tree Rd., seperates the Vacaville Outlet stores. Go south on Nutree and turn right on Elmira Rd., Continue on Emlmira and go under the I-80 freeway overpass. Stay in one of the two right hand lanes. Once you have passed under the freeway overpass the street name changes to Mason St., Continue the few blocks on Mason until you get to Davis St. Turn right on Davis. You will go a couple of blocks. Davis ends at Main. Across the street on your right will be the park. Across street on your left is Creekside.

If you want a late breakfast the have a large deck overlooking the creek and park. The deck service starts at 11:00..many people enjoy sitting on the deck. This restaurant is where most of the residents go for breakfast and lunch. The have a bar so if you want a Bloody Mary or whatever you can order that. The restaurant is quite large so there is never a problem getting a table or booth.
Mar 22nd, 2007, 10:55 AM
Original Poster

I love the sound of this! I'll check with my party and see if they want to try it. That wasn't the name of the one I'm looking for.... it's going to drive me crazy now... but if I find out, I'll post it -- it sat right beside the freeway.
Thanks!
Mar 22nd, 2007, 11:01 AM

We went to a place called "Mom's home cooking" and the food was terrible. I asked to speak to Mom to complain. The guy said Mom wasn't there and is never there. I asked where she was. He said, "It's just like the sign says -- Mom's home, cooking."
Mar 22nd, 2007, 11:05 AM

LOL Neo!
Apr 4th, 2007, 06:06 PM
Original Poster

Just gotta let everyone know the outcome... when we got to Vacaville, it WAS the Omelet Bistro we were trying to remember. But... we kept on driving and went to the Creekside Bar & Grill - what a WONderful place!! The food is just amazing - best omelets we had ever had. It was SO good that we went back a couple of day's later (1 hr. drive) to have lunch. Again... just amazing. The Reuben as extra-lean corned beef piled high - and sandwiches come with their own home made potato chips. I can't WAIT to go back.... maybe I'll try Mom's Homemade Meatloaf
Apr 4th, 2007, 08:14 PM

Hi cheezz, that is great! I am so glad you enjoyed Creekside Grill & Bar. I don't go there a lot as they serve so much food and it is good so I always eat to much, lol. Thanks for reporting back. It is always difficult to know what people will like in the way of restaurants so I am pleased you liked Creekside enough to return for lunch.