Vacation Destination After Covid

Old Oct 16th, 2020, 12:36 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vacation Destination After Covid

Where is your vacation destination after Covid 19?
Old Oct 16th, 2020, 06:57 AM

Fingers crossed, the postponed family trip to Kauai.
Old Oct 16th, 2020, 07:41 AM

Received 17 Likes on 4 Posts
Our DD and SIL are moving from Maryland to Oahu next month. A visit to Honolulu might happen sometime next year.
Old Oct 16th, 2020, 09:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just want to get the hell out of Fl and see my NY family.
Old Oct 16th, 2020, 07:13 PM

We've booked a ski trip to Vail in February, but, since nobody knows when "after Covid" will be, it's just a travel dream at this point.
Old Oct 17th, 2020, 09:37 AM

We will head to California. Daughters, sons-in-law, and grandsons are there. We’d love to have the opportunity to enjoy our traditional long October weekend with them near La Jolla and to see them and extended families for the Christmas holidays.
Old Oct 17th, 2020, 03:03 PM

I haven't booked anything yet because I think it's too soon. But I'll most likely go back to either Puerto Vallarta Mexico or Waikiki-Honolulu Oahu Hawaii the two places I typically vacation for beach time and R&R.
Old Oct 18th, 2020, 07:30 AM

As soon as the NY theaters reopen I'll be back there! I live near Manhattan and am a regular theater goer! Other than that I want to visit my family in Germany. WhatsApp keeps us close, but not seeing them in person is hard.
Old Oct 18th, 2020, 02:29 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
Yosemite has a 3 nights for the price of 2 from now til the end of March at either the Ahwahnee or Yosemite Lodge, so I booked three nights in mid-March. Full cancellation up to 7 days ahead and one night penalty if cancelled w/i 7 days so not risking much. Super easy to socially distance at that time of year. I'll probably go even if there are still restrictions - as long as we aren't having blizzards and I need to use chains. March can be very Spring-like, or full on winter . . . or both

Hoping to go to the UK next July but not making any firm plans for several months.

Old Oct 21st, 2020, 10:37 PM

My elderly Sister in NZ, and my daughter in St Kitts, Someplace in Europe with my GD and a family cruise. If we really get an all clear, I hope to go, go, go. The only drawback for me is my last, very old cat. It is hard to leave an elderly pet.
Old Oct 30th, 2020, 11:11 AM

I've booked an Airb&b cottage for Colorado over the 4th of July, and again end of Sept. We are not optimistic about travel abroad next year - everyone seems to be on a COVID uptick now, vaccine a mere twinkle in the scientists' eyes. (Well, they're getting there, I know.) We're going to see how 2022 shakes out, and hope to return to Italy and, fingers crossed, France. Stay well, everyone and please mask up. Yeah, it's a drag. So is death, illness and being in lockdown.
Old Nov 3rd, 2020, 12:22 PM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by suze View Post
I haven't booked anything yet because I think it's too soon. But I'll most likely go back to either Puerto Vallarta Mexico or Waikiki-Honolulu Oahu Hawaii the two places I typically vacation for beach time and R&R.
Same here, haven't booked anything yet
Old Nov 3rd, 2020, 01:39 PM

I like to return to the places i know and love and have spent a lot of time anyway. With the pandemic even more so. When it's time to go, I'd rather head to a place I'm familiar with in the "before times" than try to discover someplace brand new