Reload this Page >

Va. Beach Whale Watching

Search

Va. Beach Whale Watching

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8th, 2001, 09:40 AM
planning

Va. Beach Whale Watching

Hi. Recently read information on Whale Watching out of a Science Museum in Virginia Beach/ Good now thru mid March/ Anyone share experiences./ Was the watching good?/ Price? Trip info (departure times, etc.) Hotels nearby - any suggestions.

Old Jan 8th, 2001, 09:47 AM
Richard Simmons

While VA beach has lots of fat people to stare at, point at, and laugh at; I reccomend going to West VA or Tenn to see some REALLY fat losers. It's more fun, because they talk funny there too.

Old Jan 8th, 2001, 09:52 AM
ncgrrl

Please ignore the troubled person above. The Virginia Marine Science Museum in Virginia Beach offers the tours. www.vmsm.com or call (757) 425-FISH. Sorry, I don't know the price.

By the way, "Richard," Virginia was home to the first permanent English settlement in America. Many years before the Pilgrmis in Mass. I guess since you're so perfect, no one has every done anything mean to you, like post a rude reply to your question. If you don't have any input of value, DON'T ANSWER!!!

Old Jan 8th, 2001, 12:49 PM
RichardSimmons

You sound like a typical fat girl. What's wrong? Nobody asked you to prom. Here's a thought: Stop shoveling the ice cream into you face and go outside and exercise.

Old Jan 8th, 2001, 03:08 PM
Mike

We looked into that two weeks ago as we live in Virginia. The package price varies depending on the hotel and is very reasonable. The folks Va. beach number you have will tell you to contact each individual hotel for price info. The packages include 2 nights accom, 2 hours whale watching excursion, passes to Va. Marine Science Museum (GREAT museum for all ages!!), IMAX movies and Lunch of dinner at Rainforest Cafe at MacArthur Center shopping center in Norfolk (which is pretty far away). Our first choice of the hotels was the Comfort Inn Oceanfront Suites 800-443-4733. $85 per person for the whold package. These are oceanfront suites, free continental breakfast and indoor heated pool. Other hotels include: Ramada Inn on the Beach (phone 800-888-4111) This is a new oceanfront hotel at 6th & Atlantic with private balconies, indoor pool and and it looks nice. Another option is Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort at 39th & Atlantic (phone 800-942-3224) All rooms with ocean view, in-room refrigerators, indoor pool. The other hotels, I've seen and they didn't impress me as much as the 3 listed above. I've had friends go on this trip when it wasn't in a package and they did see whales and loved it. Have fun!