VA Beach Restaurants

Old Jun 2nd, 2000, 09:56 AM
A.Rotundo

VA Beach Restaurants

Spending some time in Virginia Beach with my family at the end of the month. Would appreciate any good seafood restaurant suggestions. Especially like good quality buffets with crab legs. Thanks.

Old Jun 2nd, 2000, 11:25 AM
Samantha

Captain George's on Laskin Road is the place you'll want to go to. Buffet style, over 70 items, specializing in crab legs and shrimp. Enjoy!

Old Jun 2nd, 2000, 11:26 AM
Samantha

Oooooops, forgot to include the best part - all you can eat! ;-)

Old Jun 2nd, 2000, 02:33 PM
A. Rotundo

Thanks Samantha! Appreciate the tip.

Old Jun 2nd, 2000, 08:56 PM
Teresa

The Happy Crab (near the beach)--yum yum!

Old Jun 16th, 2000, 04:19 PM
steve

I was in Va Beach 2 days ago (I'M from D.C} and my boss took me out to dinner. She is from Tidewater and knows every thing about the area. She took me to Steinhilbers in Thaila area. It was so good that i looked up the phone number for you. 757-340-1156. I know alot of good restaurants in DC, but this really impressed me first with its relaxed setting, and with it's professional staff. June is kind of the prime/nearend of soft Chesapeake Blue Crab season. My boss ordered tremendous looking soft shell crab and crabcake dinner. I went combination plate but it was great too. I cant wait to take my family to it when I am in area in 3-4 months with them. I hope i haven't built it up to much. But when a large restaurant is packed on a Wednesday by what I was told was mostly the locals by 7 PM, that says it all.

Old Jun 17th, 2000, 09:25 AM
Va.BchLocal

Captian Georges if you like the wait(up to two hours)for all you can get--"belly-up-to-the-bar" choas. Steinhilbers is a local favorite(shhh, don't tell!).The Lynnhaven Fish house has a great menu and view of the Bay along with Duck Inn(sunsets are breathtaking--reservations are a must)and after dinner you can walk it all off along the beach. Both resturants can are off Shore Drive. Thats were you had better stay to, avoid the Va.Beach strip---and Henry's,the Happy Crab,& the Lighthouse; too much Hipe-not worth it! If your at the Oceanfront, try Rudee's on Rudee Inlet for freash steamed seafood. Remember..Reservations are a must!!

Old Jun 17th, 2000, 05:30 PM
A. Rotundo

Wow, great information!! Thanks so much everyone. I'm really looking forward to vacation and this helps tremendously!!

Old Jul 2nd, 2000, 06:44 AM
Laura

This message is for A. Rotundo. My family and I have been going to VAB this is coming up on 9 years. We love to go to Rudees on the canal. They have a great spot and great food. If you go you have to have to steamed shrimp. It's out of this world. Try and go on a Monday, the shrimp is half price. We always stay at the Hilton (now it's a Qaulity Inn). Across the street from there 0n 9th St. is an Italian Restaurant called Giardinos. It's great Italian. Gus's is also a good seafood restaurant with atmosphere, it's all the way up at the beginning of the strip. Have a great time. We're going this week.