Search

Utah

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25th, 1998, 09:21 AM
Susan

Utah

We are headed to Park City UT with our 13 yo son in 2 weeks. Looking for some information on what to do that isn't in the travel brochures. Any great day trips...or site that are must see's?

Old Jun 30th, 1998, 06:40 PM
Cheryl Z.

Hi - we were there in '94, neat little town, pretty, easy to walk around in, lots of shopping, surrounding area nice, but I think everything is pretty much covered in your brochures. Take a balloon ride!

Old Jun 30th, 1998, 06:41 PM
Cheryl Z.

Hi - we were there in '94, neat little town,
pretty, easy to walk around in, lots of
shopping, surrounding area nice, but I think
everything is pretty much covered in your
brochures. Take a balloon ride!

Old Jun 30th, 1998, 08:27 PM
Dayle

I lived in SLC for many years and yes, the tourism board does a good job of publicising most sights and activities. If you enjoy the outdoors and are in good shape, I would recommend some hiking. The Wasatch National Forest is very beautiful and there are lots of alpine lakes stocked with trout. Yummy!! Pick up a local hiking guide book in a bookstore or rec gear store. There are some really good ones. Also recommend a long day trip east to the High Uinta range. The drive will take you through some gorgeous, high mountain valleys to more national forest and wilderness areas. Great views into Wyoming, meadows full of wildflowers. Carry: more water than you think you'll ever need; sunscreen, sweater, windbreaker (there is usually a pretty cool wind up top), food, insect repellant. Best to hike in the AM and come down by early afternoon. Be careful of PM thunderstorms and lightening. You will be up around 7,000 to 12,000 ft. Keep your blood sugar up by eating regularly, drink lots of water, and take it easy the first day. Have a wonderful time.

Old Jul 1st, 1998, 03:30 PM
Rich

You might want to check out the Homestead in Heber City or Robert Redford's Sundance for dinner one evening. They also have outdoor programs at Sundance. Check out some other ideas when you arrive in Salt Lake at the visitor's information center right downtown at the convention center accross from the Marriott Hotel.