Reload this Page >

Upscale bars in San Jose/Santa Clara?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2nd, 2002, 03:46 PM
Jenny O.

I'm in the area for a wedding and wanted to find a place that could be a gathering spot afterwards for my old college friends. We'll be dressed up for the wedding (so suits and nice dresses). Any ideas? Are there nice hotel bars that would fit the bill? I saw that there is a Fairmont and the Hotel De Anza in San Jose...any comments on those? thanks in advance!

Old Aug 2nd, 2002, 04:04 PM
J Correa

Both the Fairmont and the DeAnza have bars that would work.

Old Aug 2nd, 2002, 04:45 PM
kam

Agree with the above. The Fairmont has a lovely lounge area with comfortable seating and is relatively quiet so you could hear yourselves talk. That would be my choice. The guys can remove ties and jackets and still look very well dressed.

Old Aug 3rd, 2002, 06:55 AM
Linda M

We live in the San Jose/Santa Clara area. When we want a get together for ourselves and friends we often go to Club Maxi at the Doubletree Hotel near SJ Airport. A very elegant hotel and a very upscale and lively, but comfortable nightclub. Some of the best live entertainment in the area on weekends, and I think they usually have a DJ on weeknights. You won't be dissapointed! It sounds like the crowd you are looking for. There is a cover charge on weekends (10.00) which is waived if you eat at the fab restaurant next to it in the hotel, or get in before 8 to avoid the cover. We actually used to make group reservations for the club. If you have 10 or more they will reserve several tables for you. I dont know another nightclub that will do this. Hope this helps. If you have friends in this area, they should know about Club Maxi.

Old Aug 3rd, 2002, 06:59 AM
Linda M

We have stayed at the Fairmont many times for events, weddings, and personal getaways, and always enjoyed it. While it is very upscale, and there is a nice lounge, I find it a bit geared for either the more conservative or the 40-60 age group. The weekend music is very demure for dancing. I didn't catch your age, but you said "old college friends", so I assumed you wanted something a little hipper; that's why I recommended Club Maxi.

Old Aug 5th, 2002, 08:12 AM
David

Agree with above posters about the Fairmont and the Hotel De Anza. I would also look into the Hyatt Sainte Claire at Market and San Carlos Streets.