Reload this Page >

Update on prints from digital camera

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3rd, 2002, 02:07 PM
Sandy

This is Sandy, whiner ingrate who received a digital camera as a gift and was bitching in an earlier post about not finding a place to have prints made and paying 70 cents/print!

I asked you knowledgable folks about what you did and received GREAT advice. The best news I received was that Wal-mart prints them from their website for only 26 cents/print. I haven't had an opportunity to use them yet but believe me, I will.

I'm writing to thank all of you and to give you a report on my first try with the camera. My friend took the same pictures with my other 35mm camera and they turned out to be the best pictures we've ever taken.

I then uploaded my digital pixs to Photoworks (45 cents/print) and just got them back . . . they are even better than the 35mm prints! The colors are brighter and the prints are actually shaper, we could not believe it. And, I was using my medium size/resolution (this was before I knew that I was supposed to use the large setting if I were going to have them printed).

I am now sold on my digital, can hardly wait to take it on the next trip. I've bought a spare rechargable battery and an extra 128mg flash card.

Thank you, thank you for your help and advice.

Sandy

Old Feb 4th, 2002, 05:28 AM
Jay

Hi Sandy
I use Coscto.com who uses Kodak. I've been very pleased with the prints. It's 24 cents for 4x6. I also ordered a few 8X10's these were 2.50 each. Not too bad. They charge a couple of dollars shipping, but I usually get them back within 3 days.

Old Feb 4th, 2002, 07:36 AM
Sandy

Thanks Jay,

I just looked at that site and if I read correctly, I can only upload 3 pictures at a time from my computer???? I normally have around 100 printed, it might take me forever! (We don't have a Costco where I live.)

Is there a faster way that I'm overlooking?

Thanks,
Sandy

Old Feb 4th, 2002, 08:01 AM
Jay

Sandy
That part is a draw back. I wish it were easier, but I usually only download maybe 20 pictures so. it's not too bad I usually do it in work where I have a high speed connection, but when I download them from home it takes a while. I wish there was a way I could just put them on a cd & send it through the mail ???

Old Feb 4th, 2002, 08:59 AM
Owen O'Neill

Muy has a really cool featurey computer geek brother just selected some PC items for my dad to give my mom as X-Mas gifts. The HP "Photosmart" printer that he suggested they buy has a really cool feature. There's a small door that opens on the front - inside is a slot for the standard memory card that digital cameras use. There's also an option in the paper tray for pre-cut 4x6 inkjet photo paper. You can stick int he cartridge and just press a button to automatically print all the images on your memory card. They haven't tried it out yet so I can't attest to the quality or ease of use but it looks simple enough and the printer was less than $200.